Chapter 43

After one month...

Today is Christmas Day and after little Asher got his present from under the Christmas tree, his parents took him to Tommy and Heather's house. There are the rest of Nikki's bandmates, Mick and Vince. Vince is with his wife, Sharise. She is six months pregnant and will give birth in March. Mick is also there with his wife, Emi, whom he recently married.

Heather and Evie can't take their eyes off her baby bump. And Sharise can't get her hands off it.

All eight adults and two children are at the table. They eat and discuss.

"Can I play with Asher?" Luara asks Evie.

"Of course," her godmother smiles at her.

In a few minutes, Asher and Laura go back into the living room. Laura shows her toys to Asher. The children are not close to their age, Asher is 13 months old and Laura, will turn 5 next month. But they seem to understand each other perfectly.

Evie and Heather watch over them, smiling.

"Soon our child will join them," Vince says, looking at the two children.

"Do you know if it's a girl or a boy?" Heather asks and looks at Sharise's baby bump.

Charise and Vince look at each other, smiling, holding hands, and she says:

"We will have a little girl!"

"Oh, congratulations!" Heather says.

And everyone in turn congratulates them. And about a minute later, Heather looks slightly nervous at her husband and says:

"We have to tell you something."

Everyone is watching the couple, waiting to find out what it's all about.

"I found out recently," Heather smiles broadly," that I'm pregnant!"

Everyone there has some amazed faces and exclaims in amazement. And then all of them congratulate them.

"Does Laura know?" Evie asks Heather.

"Yes," she knows, the blonde nods and smiles. "She was so happy to find out. She says she knows for sure she'll have a sister."

"Oh, bless her," Evie smiles and looks at her goddaughter who is still playing with her son. "I think she'll be just as good an older sister if she will have a brother. Just look at how well she gets along with Asher."

"Probably," Heather smiles.

"How many weeks do you have?" Sharise asks Heather.

"Five weeks. I just found out about the pregnancy," Heather smiles. "The due date is on August 25th! Isn't that wonderful?"

"Aw!" Evie says and smiles sincerely. "So you conceived the baby last month? After Asher's birthday?"

"Yes..." Suddenly Heather doesn't smile anymore and looks embarrassed at her husband who has a nervous look on his face.

And his gaze becomes even more nervous when he meets Nikki's suspicious gaze.

"Please tell me you didn't do it in our house? On Christmas day? When you were visiting us?" Nikki asks his bandmate for an explanation.

But Tommy doesn't answer. He just shrugs. So does his wife, who says:

"Oops!"

Everyone, except Nikki, starts laughing loudly, so that they draw attention to Asher and Laura, who are still playing. But Nikki looks tense. Evie puts a hand on his shoulder and says calmly:

"Hey, it's not a big deal, honey. You don't have to be angry."

"But the question is where..." Nikki looks sharply at his bandmate. "You and Heather were in the same room with your daughter."

"That's what bathrooms are for", Tommy says and rolls his eyes. "Come on, man. We're not that crazy."

"In my bathroom?!" Nikki yells.

Everyone starts laughing so hard that their laughter is most likely heard outside.

"Hey, relax," Evie says to her husband. "It's not like we have one bathroom in the whole house. And finally, let's see the good side of things. Heather and Tommy will have a baby. It's great!"

Nikki doesn't look so angry anymore, calming down.

"Our babies will be born in the same year," says Sharise cheerfully and looks down at her baby bump that Vince caresses.

"That's right," Heather smiles

Evie smiles, looking at the two pregnant women. She is really happy that they will be mothers. Their first pregnancy. She remembers when she was pregnant with Asher not long ago. But there is a trace of sadness in her eyes.

After about an hour, she and Heather go to Laura and Asher.

Evie's son is sleepy, so she takes him in her arms and falls asleep instantly in her arms. The brunette sits with him on the couch, and caresses his dark hair that has grown so much, it almost touches the little one's shoulders.

Laura goes to the table, to her father and Heather sits next to Evie and Asher.

"Oh, my dear," Heather says. "How tired he was. You know... it's getting late... You, Nikki and Asher could stay with us tonight. That would be more comfortable for Asher."

"That will be great," Evie smiles. "Thank you for your kindness."

"Always," Heather smiles at her. "And... Evie... Can I ask you something?" Heather suddenly looks slightly nervous.

"You can ask me anything," the brunette answers.

"I noticed that at the table... After I announced that I was pregnant... you looked sad. Are you ok? Is something wrong?"

"Oh..." Evie gets sad again and sighs. "That... Well... You see... Last month, Nikki and I decided to have another baby. But it looks like I didn't get pregnant. Don't get me wrong. I'm so happy for you and Tommy. I hope your baby is born healthy. But..." Her gaze slid to her son, who is sleeping peacefully in her arms. "I don't know why... but I feel like something is wrong... I got pregnant with Asher without planning it... I'm a little worried that something is wrong..."

"Evie! You know very well that there is nothing wrong with you!" Heather cries. "Tommy and I tried for five months before I got pregnant. Did you know that it can take up to a year to get pregnant? And guess what? This is absolutely normal! Not everyone gets pregnant on the first try. You will get pregnant. You'll see. Asher will have a sibling soon. I'm sure of it," the last sentence, Heather says with a smile.

"Thank you, Hetaher," Evie smiles at her. "You made me feel better."

"I am glad, I did it," Heather smiles at her. "After you get pregnant, you, Sharise and I will create a group called The Pregnant Group."

"Ha-ha!" Evie laughs with Heather. "That is if I get pregnant until Sharise or you give birth."

"I think it will happen soon," Heather smiles.

"I hope so too."