Chapter 7

A/N

Oh, I hope you like this chapter. It is very romantic and very touching. I hope I didn't exaggerate though. Lol. Play the song when I will point!

Evie comes out of the clinic with a big smile on her face because she finally took off her plaster cast. Amelie is next to her and looks just as happy.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Much better that I got rid of that thing on my hand."

"Now make sure you don't fall again and get it on your hand again," Amelie teases her.

"Oh, it won't happen again! I will be much more careful!" Evie says, looking very serious.

"By the way, how was yesterday? Did your mother suspect anything?"

"No. But it was close."

"Oh, girl," Amelie shows her an apologetic face. "I wanted to surprise you. Not to cause you trouble."

"Hey, it's ok. Who knew my mother would come home early?" Evie asks, raising her hands a little.

"Is like she felt something! God... your mother is really crazy. I hope you get out of there as soon as possible! If not, I will take you by force and take you to my house!"

"Someone else gave me another invitation," Evie smiles, red in the cheeks.

The two arrive at Amelie's car and each goes and opens the door, but before entering, Amelie asks her:

"Who?" Her smile grows more and more, as does her curiosity.

"Who do you think?" Evie gives her a nervous look, but smiles.

They both get in the car, Amelie turns on the car and exclaims:

"Nikki!"

"Yes, he," Evie chuckles slightly.

"Aw. How cute! So what are you waiting for? Go and move with him."

"What? Girl are you crazy?" Any trace of a smile disappears from Evie's face, giving her cousin a serious look. "I can't go to his house so easily. Actually... I don't even know what I want..."

"What are you saying? Did something happen?"

"I don't know, If... If I'm not ready to be with someone like him? He's not an ordinary man after all."

"Any girl would give half her life to be in your place, Evie! You really are crazy! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You wouldn't understand," Evie sighs.

"The truth is that you are hard to understand. You're weird."

"Okay, Amelie. Say what you want. I don't care anyway."

"Okay, I'm not nagging you anymore. Look... tonight is karaoke night at the bar where I worked. Do you know that we used to go there when we were younger?"

"You talk like we're 40-year-old mothers," Evie chuckles.

"Well, I'm going to be a mom in 7 months," Amelie smiles and looks down at her tummy which is starting to grow slowly. "Do you realize, Evie? When my child will be my age, I will still be in my early 40's! I will go with him or her to the club and to parties! I can not wait!"

"You make me jealous that I won't be a young mother too," Evie smiles at her tummy.

"This can be easily solved, you know how," Amelie shows her that cunning snake look.