Chapter 45

After 2 months...

Evie walks down the hall of the hospital with Nikki, who holds Asher in his arms. They all reach the door of a room. Evie knocks and goes inside with her husband and son.

Inside are Nikki's bandmate, Vince and his wife, Sharise. She holds their newborn daughter in her arms.

"Oh, how cute she is!" Evie says as she walks over to the two, accompanied by Nikki and Asher.

"Congratulations!" Nikki smiles at them.

"Thank you," his bandmate answers with a smile.

"What is her name?" Evie asks, not taking her eyes off the newborn.

"Skylar," Sharise replies with a smile.

"What a wonderful name!" Exclaims Evie. "I think it's perfect for her. Oh, Asher brought something for Skylar!"

Nikki approaches the bed with his son in his arms, where Sharise is laying. Asher holds a small crocheted doll and puts it next to the newborn.

"Aw, thank you, sweetie," Sharise smiles at the little one. "Skylar will love playing with it when she grows up."

"He liked it so much that he took one too," Evie jokes about her son.

Everyone laughs and Sharise adds:

"Maybe he took the doll for his sister?"

Evie winces slightly and looks at her husband, who stares at her with a loving look that makes her melt. She puts her hand on her very small baby bump.
She is three months pregnant and will find out the gender of this gender next month. She and Nikki can't wait.

Heather is 5 months pregnant now. A few more months and she will give birth. A few weeks ago, she gladly told Evie, she is expecting a baby girl. Evie joked, telling Tommy that soon 3 women would drive him crazy in his own house.

"We still don't know if it's a girl," Evie smiles, still holding a hand on her baby bump.

"I think you'll have a daughter," Sharise smiles sincerely.

"Maybe," Evie tells her. "The most important thing for us is for the baby to be healthy."

"That's right," Sharise smiles.

After a month...

Today Evie has an ultra-sound and she will find out the baby's gender. She goes to the scan with Nikki. They even take Asher with them, believing that he will be very curious to see his future sibling on the screen.

And so it happens. The little one is absorbed by the screen where the technician gently shows him his sibling.

His mother is lying on the examination table and his father is holding his hand.

"Baby?" He asks, pointing to the screen and then looking at his father.

"Yes," Nikki smiles at him. "There you can see your brother or sister."

"Get the baby! Out! Now!" Asher points to the screen again, shaking his father's hand.

"No, sweetie," his mother is trying to clarify. "The baby is not there. It's in my belly."

Asher seems to calm down and look curiously at the tummy of his mommy.

"Do you want to know the gender of this baby?" The technician asks after moving the transducer to Evie's tummy and look at the screen.

Nikki and Evie look at each other smiling and they both answer:

"Yes!"

"Okay..." says the technician and she looks at the screen carefully. "Looks like... You have a daughter! Congratulations!"