Chapter 70

A/N

Play the song when I will point!

After 6 years... 2012...

"Mom? Can you help me find my toys?"  

Evie sees her youngest son, Raymond in her bedroom, with a pleading look.

"What toys?" Evie asks him and goes to him. 

"The collection of dinosaurs that Uncle Anthony gave me," says the boy with a sad look. 

Evie smiles as she remembers how her younger brother used to play with the toys he decided to give Raymond a few years ago.

"They must be somewhere, sweetie," she speaks calmly and puts a hand on his shoulder. "We will find them."

"Okay," the boy nods, his eyes trembling. His eyes have the shape of Evie, but her father's special color. He has dark brown hair like his mother. He has inherited the nose and the lips of his father. Raymond is a combination of his parents.  

He and his mother come out of the bedroom and start looking for the lost toys. But they can't find them. So they go downstairs. There they go to the kitchen. Almost the whole family is there. Nikki is looking for something in the fridge. Raelynn writes text messages to her boyfriend. Bryce eats at the table and Julia and Juniper both work on a high school project. 

Nikki is the first to see Evie and Raymond. With a muddled look, he stops looking in the fridge and asks:

"What happened?"

"Ray lost his dinosaur collection. Has anyone seen it?"

All children nod. So is Nikki. 

"Maybe it's in the living room," says Nikki.

"I'll look there too," Evie sighs. "Ray... stay here with your father and your siblings. I'll be right back."

Evie goes to the living room, but what she sees there will shock her. Her eldest son, Asher, is sitting on the couch with a girl. She's not just any girl. It's Skylar! Vince and Sharise's daughter! She knew that her son, who was at the University, was in the living room, but did not hear when Skylar came. But the biggest shock comes when Asher, who is looking so dearly at Skylar, pulls her towards him, kissing her on the lips. 

"Oh my!" Evie screams and quickly puts her hand to her mouth. 

The two young persons jump and look back and see Evie with a shocked face that suddenly changes into an embarrassed one.

"I'm so sorry," she smiles nervously and quickly leaves.

Asher and Skylar look confused at each other, he shrugs, smiling, and puts a hand on her face, which is a little red, and they intend to kiss again but are interrupted again by Evie who runs away to an armchair. She picks up the box from that armchair. That is Raymond's dinosaur collection, and she leaves quickly, shouting:

"Sorry again!" With a red face, Evie returns to the kitchen with the toy box in her hands. 

"You found them!" Raymond exclaims and quickly grabs the toys from his mother's hands.

"What happened?" Nikki looks at her strangely. "Your face is so red."

Suddenly, the children give up any activity they do and look curiously at their mother.

"Why didn't you tell me Skylar was here?" Evie asks, feeling her face get even hotter. "When I went to pick up the toys... Asher was with her on the couch and... and..."