Chapter 28

A/N

Listen to the song when it will point! I warn you that this chapter is very sad. And I think you're going to have a panic attack again. Sorry for that. I hope you don't kill me after reading it.

Nikki hears Evie giggle. He looks around to see her. He sees her coming out of a building with some unknown girls. They seem to have a negative presence near Evie. Evie looks too happy. Something is wrong with her. With her voice. With the expression on her face.

Evie doesn't seem to see him and continues on her way until she reaches her car, from there she says goodbye to those girls, they leave in their cars. Nikki goes to Evie, but she already gets in the car and leaves.

He stops walking but then has a huge shock. Everything happens much too fast. Evie's car hits a tree and overturns several times.

"EVIE!" Nikki screams in shock and runs to the place where the car overturned.

He sees a liquid leaking from the car on the road. His eyes widen and he can no longer breathe. It's gasoline. He hears Evie grunts in pain in the car. Terrified to death, he runs to the car, but it's too late. The car catches fire, huge flames grow, Evie can no longer be saved.

"No, no, that can't be true..." Nikki murmurs trembling. "Evie!" He yells, kneeling and looking at the burning car.

He feels so helpless watching his beloved woman burn in that damn car. How could this happen?

"Ah!" Nikki shouts and opens his eyes.

He looks around agitatedly, sweaty and with a dry mouth. His heartbeat subsides when he feels something on his chest and sees Evie sleeping peacefully. He sighs in relief and puts a hand in her hair, so happy that all he saw was just a nightmare.

But what kind of nightmare was this? Was it like a warning? Will something bad happen to Evie? Again? Will something bad happen to her if she stays with him? Is he a danger to her?

He looks at her sleeping peacefully after all this crazy day. He made her feel so bad. He feels so guilty now. And although he want to change, to go to the rehab clinic tomorrow morning, a thought enters his mind. He can't continue to be with Evie no matter how much it hurts him and how much he loves her.

He sighs, his gaze moves to Evie's face. A faint smile appears on his face. He approaches her and kisses her on the forehead, putting aside a strand of her dark hair.

After a few hours...

Nikki wakes up looking at Evie and then he looks at the bedside clock. It's 6 AM. He has to leave now before Evie wakes up.

He gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom where he takes a quick shower. He walks slowly into the room so as not to wake Evie, gets dressed and goes to bed.

He leaves a note on the nightstand and looks at Evie, who is still sleeping. He leans over and kisses her on the top of the head. He looks at her once more, the sadness in his eyes is so big, and leaves.

An hour later, Evie wakes up with an annoying headache. She opens her eyes, which are so painful from how much she cried yesterday. She looks in the bedroom. She turns her head to see if Nikki has woken up. He's not there with her!

She is already starting to panic, imagining that Nikki is doing something stupid again. She gets out of bed and looks for him all over the house, taking each room in turn, but he can't be found. She even knocks on Tommy and Heather's door. Heather opens the door and looks puzzled and concerned at Evie.