Chapter 24

After three months...

"I can't believe you're in such a state today! It's Tommy's wedding day!"

It's Evie's very irritated voice. She is with Nikki in the limousine. Her arms are folded, staring furiously at her boyfriend. She has tears in her eyes that she tries not to shed. But it's so hard. Today! On such an important day, Nikki seems to have taken drugs again.

He doesn't seem to be very aware of what's going on. He stares wide-eyed at Evie and murmurs:

"I'm sorry... I couldn't help myself..."

"Is that all you can say?!" Evie raises her hands angrily. "Tommy and Heather will be so disappointed. How... Just shut up... I don't want to hear you talk," Evie says, breathing fast with anger and frowning. "You disappointed me, Nikki... Today you disappointed me the most..."

He would like to say something to her. But he can't find his words. In fact, he can't even find his thoughts, being so dizzy now. So he doesn't say anything. That's all he can do now. Anyway, whatever he says now, he'll make his girlfriend more angry. Girlfriend. Will she be his girlfriend after this day? Did Evie finally get tired of him and his vices? She looks so annoyed.

After a few hours...

After Nikki and Evie attended Tommy and Heather's wedding, they take pictures with the newlyweds. His bandmate notices that Nikki is loaded and is not at all happy that he appears at his wedding like this.

They all take pictures. Evie is next to Nikki, smiling hard, just for the picture because inside she feels like crying. After no more pictures are taken, she walks away from him, looking sad. She walks over to Heather, who is holding little four-month-old Laura in her arms, who is dressed in a little white dress.

The little girl is growing so fast. Her facial features are beginning to be defined. She has the color of Amelie's eyes, hazel. But the shape of her eyes is her father's. She has brown hair, it is not clear from whom she inherited this, because both her parents have brown hair. She has Amelie's nose, but Tommy's lips. She's a wonderful mix of her parents. If only Amelie would see her.

When the baby sees her godmother, she smiles and kicks her little legs. Heather looks at her lovingly and strokes her head and kisses her on the top of her tiny head.

"You look like a real little princess," Evie says to the baby.

"She's the most adorable baby girl in the world," Heather says, not taking her eyes off Laura. "I can't believe she's already four months old. She grows, so fast."

"You quickly became attached to her," Evie smiles at Heather.

"And how could I not have done that?" Heather smiles broadly. "Just look at her! She's so wonderful!"

Evie smiles again at the baby who puts a finger to her mouth and sucks it looking around curiously. Heather stares suspiciously at Evie, noticing that her smile is fading and she seems pensive.

"Hey," Heather says. "Are you ok?"

"Oh," Evie looks up at her a little confused. "Yes I am ok."

Heather doesn't seem happy with her answer and looks at Nikki, her husband and the other bandmates. Evie notices this and says:

"No, Heather. Let him. It's about you today. It's your wedding day."

"If you need to talk to someone, you know you can call me everytime," Heather says gently.

"Very kind of you," Evie smiles weakly.

It's been more than three months since Amelie's death. Since then, Evie and Heather have become closer. Like friends. Amelie was her only true friend and she had no one to tell her everything that was happening to her. Now she feels that a connection is growing with Heather, similar to the one she had with Amelie.