Chapter 25

A/N

Listen to the song when I will point!

"And now what are you going to do?" Heather asks Evie.

"I have no idea," Evie answers in a sad voice and takes the glass of drink and drinks from it.

"I'd like to help you somehow..."

"You can't," smiles Evie weakly. "I just wanted to tell someone what was happening to me. I hope you do not mind."

"No, Evie! Never! You can tell me anything at any time. I'm actually glad you called me."

"Thank you, Heather," the brunette smiles and drinks the last drop from the glass and puts it aside. "I think... I think I'm leaving now..."

"Okay, but are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes... Are we talking tomorrow?"

"Yes. No worries. Are you going to Nikki's house?"

"No. I don't know..."

Heather looks at her, regretting asking that question.

"I think I'm going to a hotel... I don't want to go home now..."

"If that's what you want," Heather smiles at her.

The two leave the bar. When they almost reach their cars, Evie feels a little dizzy and a strange sensation. She moves her hand to her head, thinking it might be a migraine.

"Hey, Evie," Heather says worriedly. "Are you ok?"

"I think I just have a migraine. You know... After all this stress."

"Are you sure you don't want to go with me? You don't look very good."

"Thank you, Heather. You're kind, but I'm okay."

"Okay, as you want," the blonde smiles at her, but still a little worried. "Good night!"

"Good night!" Evie says and gets in the car.

Heather is about to enter the car, but hears noise coming from the bar. She turns and sees a man coming out holding a woman's hand.

"You have to stop that girl from leaving!" The man shouts at Heather with a troubled look.

Panicked that something had happened, Heather looks at Evie's car. Unfortunately, Evie has already left and she is looking helplessly at the car. She goes to the man who is still holding that woman by the arm and quickly asks him:

"What happened?"

"I saw this witch put something in her drink," the man says with a disgusted look at Sarah.

"Lies!" The woman yells angrily at him.

"Don't dare to try to lie!" The man shouts at her. "Tell me what you put in the drink!"

Heather stares at Sarah in horror, waiting to find out what the hell she had put in Evie's drink. Sarah grimaces and speaks in a bored voice:

"Cocaine..."

"What the?!" Heather jumps up. "Evie has never taken drugs! You're crazy? Why did you do that?"

"We don't have to interrogate her," says the man, looking disgusted at the woman. "She'll tell the police. Someone has to stop that girl from driving."

"But who?" Heather looks at the road in panic. "Who else could stop her now? Oh! Damn Evie! Where can I find a phone?"

The man tells her that there is a phone inside the bar. Heather runs away and finds the phone and quickly calls her husband, praying for him to answer as soon as possible. She hears his voice and she says in a hurry:

"Tommy! Call Nikki as soon as possible and tell him that Evie was drugged and is now driving! I couldn't stop her."

"What the hell..." Her husband's confused voice is heard.

"Just tell him! Ok?! Evie never took drugs and said she had a headache. We don't know how she would react and she would probably have a car accident!"

"What the fuck! OK. I'll call him right now!"

Heather hangs up and bites her lower lip, her heart beating fast. She prays that nothing will happen to Evie.

***

A/N

Listen to the song now!

Evie is in the car and turns on the radio listening to classical music. Yes, classical music. It relaxes her after such a troubled evening.

That headache hasn't gone away yet. It's getting bigger. And she begins to see with difficulty, even the headlights of the car do not help her. What's wrong with her? She feels dizzy and her hands are shaking on the steering wheel. Ok. Something is definitely wrong.

She realizes that something is wrong with her and wants to stop the car so as not to have an accident or injure anyone else. But when she barely puts her foot on the brake, everything turns black in front of her and she doesn't hear anything anymore.

***

Nikki is in the bathroom, in the tub full of water. He looks at his wounds on his arms. He doesn't like what he sees. And yet he feels so good when he injects that fluid into his body. He can't explain himself.

His thought is on Evie now. What is she doing now? Is she fine? Will she return to him? Will she forgive him for his recklessness? He says to himself these questions and immerses himself completely in the water, holding his breath. He stays like this for about 10 seconds until he rises to the surface, breathing deep air.

The doorbell rings. He moves aside his wet hair out of his face and comes out of the tub, wondering who might be at such an hour? Evie? Why would she knock on the door? It does not make sense. There must be someone else, but who? He thinks, putting on a robe and getting out of the bathroom.

He has almost arrived in the living room and hears voices from there. The voice of Tommy, his bandmate and one of the housekeepers. Most likely she invited him into the house. Tommy sounds frightened for a reason.

Nikki enters the living room where Tommy and the housekeeper stare at him as if they see a madman. The housekeeper apologizes and leaves quickly, leaving the two alone.

"What happened?" Nikki asks, walking towards Tommy.

"Nikki! Why the fuck don't you answer the phone!? I've called you a fucking thousand times!"

"Woah," Nikki is gesturing with his hands. "Calm down... What happened? Why did you come here at such an hour?"

Tommy opens his mouth, preparing to answer, but his eyes move to the TV that is on. Nikki sees his bandmate staring at the TV and looks at it too. It's breaking news. They can see how a car is taken out of a lake. Nikki could recognize that car anytime! Especially when he saw Evie enter it a few hours ago. But he hopes it's not her car. No. It can't be hers! It's someone else's. But the news presenter states his great fear:

"Singer Evie Martin crashed into a lake an hour ago. She was taken out of the car, but we don't know more about her condition. We don't know if she's alive or not."

"What... Evie..." Nikki stammers in shock with his eyes still on the TV.

Although Nikki's body is wet and cold because he was in the tub with water a few minutes ago, he starts to heat up instantly, his pulse increases. He looks at Tommy, who has the same expression like him. That's why he came here! Evie crashes into a lake and he doesn't know if she's alive or not! That can't be true! It's a nightmare!