Chapter 6

After three weeks...

Evie is at Amelie's house. They are both in the kitchen and sitting at the table and talking. But Evie doesn't seem to pay much attention to what Amelie is saying. She looks down at her plaster cast. She looks closely at Nikki's writing on the plaster cast. Every day she wakes up the first thing she does is look at the plaster cast and the longing for him grows more and more. He will come back, but waiting kills her. She will most likely take down the plaster cast when she meets Nikki again.

"So I was thinking of going to the mall tomorrow and buying pregnancy clothes. I know my tummy is still small but I think it's better to buy them in advance, says Amelie. What do you think?"

Evie doesn't answer. She's still watching the plaster cast with Nikki in her mind.

"Hello? Evie? Are you here?" Amelie asks her cousin, leaning a little towards her and waving in front of her eyes.

"What the?" Evie winces with a confused look at Amelie. "What were you saying?"

"You weren't paying attention at all," Amelie rolls her eyes.

"Sorry... I was thinking of something else..."

"You mean... Someone else," Amelie tenses her, looking at her plaster cast. "Don't worry girl," she puts a hand on Evie's shoulder. "He will be with you in a short time."

Evie doesn't answer, she just smiles, her cheeks turning pink, her mind stopping at Nikki again.

"By the way," says Amelie. "How did your mother let you come to me? She is more crazy now."

"My mother was going to a friend in another city and she will stay there for two days. What would you say if you came to stay with me?"

"Oh... are you inviting me to a girls' night?" Amelie grins slyly.

"Let's say so," Evie smiles subtly. "But you have to leave before she comes. An entire war will start if she finds you there with me."

"When did I ever get you in trouble?" Amelie shrugs.

"Do you really want to list them all in chronological order starting with kindergarten?" Evie gives her an ignorant but amused look.

"No, girl, there's no need," Amelie laughs. "I was just kidding."

The next evening...

Evie is watching TV when she hears the doorbell ring. She gets up and walks to the foyer, knowing who is waiting for her at the door. She opens the door and smiles at Amelie.

"Hey, girl!" She says cheerfully. "I came earlier. I hope it's ok."

"Of course," but Evie's eyes move lower and she sees Amelie holding a box with bottles beer. "Amelie? What... what did you bring there?"

"Don't you have eyes to see?" Amelie raises an eyebrow.

"I don't want to drink. And you are pregnant! Did you forget or what?"

"Then only you will drink tonight!" Amelie winks and goes inside, pushing Evie lightly with her hip.

"You're really crazy," says Evie closing the door, who is not at all surprised by what her cousin did.

The two go to the living room where they have a wonderful girls night together. That's until Amelie realizes that Evie drank too much. They both sit on the couch in front of the TV and make jokes when Evie says:

"Oh... My head hurts... so much," Evie put her hand to her temple.

"I think you drank too much," Amelie says with a worried look.