Chapter 69

The next day...

The door opens and all 5 children enter. They have balloons and toys for their newborn brother. Behind them is their grandmother who is watching them closely.

Their mother and father are in front of them, Evie lies on the bed with Raymond in her arms and smiling tenderly at her husband at the rest of their children.

"We want to see Raymond!" Bryce asks and is the first to reach his parents, grabbing the bed with his hands, wanting to see his brother.

"Hey, sweetie," his mother chuckles. "You'll all see Raymond."

Evie gives the newborn who sleeps in Nikki's arms as he walks with the children. He's in front of Asher, who is looking curiously at his younger brother. Although when his mother announced to him and his siblings that she was pregnant again, he didn't look too happy, now he has such strong feelings for his little brother, wrapped in that blue blanket and with that little hat on his head.

"Can I hold him?" Asher asks his father.

"Of course you can, son," Nikki says softly and carefully places Raymond in Asher's arms, showing him how to hold him, taking care of the newborn's small head.

The younger siblings come around looking admiringly at them, but their attention is especially in the newborn.

"How cute he is!" Exclaims Juniper.

"He's so small!" Julia adds.

"Were we just as small when we were babies?" Bryce asks, his eyes fixed on his brother.

"I want to hold him too!" Raelynn says, smiling at Raymond.

"Mommy... Can we call him Ray?" Julia turns to Evie and asks her.

Evie, Nikki and Deana look at each other and burst out laughing. So many dizzying questions can these children ask.

"Yes, Bryce," Evie answers her son. "You and your siblings were just as small when you were born. And Raelynn ... Of course, you'll be able to hold your brother later. And Julia ... I think we can call him that. He'll probably like to call it that when he grows up."

The children, happy with the answers received, look again at their brother, who opens his eyes. Asher gasps as he sees the newborn open his eyes.

"He opened his eyes!" He cries.

"It's okay," his mother tells him calmly. "He wants to know you and your siblings."

Nikkie, who is with his wife, puts a hand on her shoulder, smiling tenderly and kissing her on the cheek and saying:

"There is nothing more beautiful to see than our first born holding our last born in his arms."

"Indeed," Evie smiles affectionately.

After 5 years... March 2006...

A few petals from the pure white flower fall on the grass, in front is a tombstone.
The person who leaves the flowers, looks carefully at the tombstone. On it is written "Amelie Martin, born in 1962 and died in 1986."

Laura puts her hand on the tombstone, sighing for a long time. Her eyes, which are the same color as her mother's, are trembling, her face thinking intensely of this woman who did not have the opportunity to meet her. All that's left of her are some pictures. Pictures of her when she was a baby. Her mother seemed to love her so much in those pictures. It's like she did worship Laura.

Her father is further away, behind her. Next to him is Evie who is there with Nikki and their children. Nikki is further back, talking to the children.

"Can you believe that 20 years have passed?" Tommy asks Evie, still looking at his daughter.

"No..." Evie answers and she looks at Laura. "I still have nightmares about the accident in which we lost Amelie... I saw her... lifeless... This will haunt me for life... But," Evie is looking at Tommy and he's looking at her," I know where she is now she is happy and she looks at how well you took care of Laura. I'm sure she's proud of you ... and of Laura."

"You helped me too," he smiles at her.

"And Heather," Evie smiles.

"Yeah... She did too," Tommy says. "Sometimes I can't believe I managed to raise Laura. When Amelie told me she was pregnant... I wanted to be somewhere else but in that room. And I always feel guilty that I told her to have an abortion... I never told Laura that... I don't want to break her heart... I regretted what I said... Especially in the night she was born... I was very sorry that I wanted to give up my child... My beloved daughter..."

"Some things should not be said to loved ones," Evie smiles sadly and looks back at Nikki and their children, at Asher more precisely who seems to be talking on his cell phone. Most likely he's talking to his girlfriend, Jennifer. "I didn't tell anyone this," Evie's voice drops and she looks at Tommy again. "But when I got pregnant with Asher... I didn't know if Nikki was his father. Honestly... I thought it was Patrick's. And... And I was planning on not keeping the baby if it wasn't Nikki's. I didn't want to be tied to Patrick for a lifetime. I just wanted to be with Nikki. I never told Nikki that... He wanted to be the baby's father, whether he was the biological father or not. I've kept this thought to myself for a long time... And I feel as guilty as you do... Even if it wasn't Nikki's... I know we'd be fine in the end. Nikki would have been supportive... We would have been happy in the end. Oh... I'm so lucky I have him," Evie smiles broadly and looks back at her husband.

Nikki talks to Bryce and notices that Evie is smiling at her. He smiles at her too, but has no idea what Evie has in her mind now.

Tommy doesn't say anything. He just stares at Evie, who turns her gaze back to him and smiles sincerely at her. Then he looks at his daughter walking towards them and asks her:

"Are you done, sweetie?"

"Yes, Dad," Laura smiles even though her face looks a little sad. We can leave now, she smiles weakly at her godmother who returns her smile.

Evie reaches Nikki who tells him that they can leave now. Together with Tommy, Laura and their children, they go to the exit of the cemetery. But soon, Evie looks back at her eldest son, Asher, who is still talking on the cell phone and walking slower than they are. He still can't stop talking to his girlfriend. Which is so adorable. He hasn't introduced her to his parents yet. But Evie hopes that he will do it soon.

She trembles slightly when she feels her hand tighten slightly. She looks at Nikki, who smiles softly at her. She smiles too, and keeps walking with her husband.

The wrists of their hands are uncovered and some lyrics are tattooed there. Tattoos they did after they almost divorced in 2001, after the birth of their youngest son. '

'The beginning was hard...

But it was worth all the sacrifices...

Now nothing can stop us! '

A/N
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I want to tell you something. The next chapter will be the last chapter of this story. And I feel so sad that this story ends... But I really enjoyed writing it! Much love and thank you for all the support! ❤❤❤