Chapter 34

Evie wakes up feeling Nikki's hand caress her face. She stares at him, who is of course awake like her, smiling:

"Morning," she says in a hoarse voice.

"Morning, honey," he smiles at her. "Did you sleep well?"

"Of course I slept well because you've been with me."

"Then you will sleep even better from now on because I want you to move back with me, honey."

"What?" Evie looks up at him uncertainly.

"Yes. You heard right. I want to always wake up with you next to me every morning. Come back, honey."

"I guess I have no choice," she grins.

"You want that too. Admit it," he tells her, grinning and putting a hand on her back.

"Maybe," she smiles playfully.

"Maybe?" He arches an eyebrow and grabs her in his arms and he tickles her, and she laughs so loudly.

After a few weeks...

Nikki is in front of the mirror, getting dressed because he's going with Evie to Tommy's daughter's birthday party. But Evie said she was leaving somewhere an hour ago and hadn't come back yet. He's worried. 

But he calms down when he hears the car stop in front of the house. He hears the front door opening and footsteps. He doesn't move from the room, though. He waits for Evie to come and sees her on the door frame, smiling.

"Hey, babe," she says cheerfully. "What are you doing? Are you ready?"

"Yes..." Nikki looks at her a little skeptically. "You're good?"

"Better than ever," she replies with an amused face as if she has something funny to say and refrains from saying it.

Nikki hears giggles around and looks at Evie. Behind her come the giggles. The brunette laughs and looks behind her and says:

"You can go out now!"

Surprised, Nikki sees Evie's brother, Anthony comes out behind his sister. He laughs and jumps up with his hands in the air:

"Surprise!"

"What a big surprise!" Nikki smiles and goes and takes the little boy in his arms. "Oh, God, Anthony, how heavy you are now!" Nikki laughs.

"Of course I'm heavier now! I grew up!" Exclaims Anthony. "But now let me down. I'm a big boy now. I can't be carried anymore."

Evie laughs at the two of them, as do Nikki and Anthony. Nikki puts Anthony down and kneels. The boy goes to him, hugs him and says:

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, kid," Nikki smiles and ruffles his hair.

"How glad I am that now you and Evie are friends again," smiles the little boy. "When she came to our house a year ago, she was so sad. Now she will be happy again!"

Evie is taken by surprise by her younger brother's statement and looks at him in amazement, not knowing that he can speak such big words at such a young age. She gives Nikki a nervous smile, her cheeks are red now and says:

"Boys, let's go. We're going to be late for the party. Anthony, you don't want to upset Laura, do you?"

"No! She's going to kill me if I upset her!" Anthony cries.

Nikki and Evie burst out laughing and leave the house with the little boy.

The three arrive at the party where they are warmly welcomed by Tommy, Heather and little Laura, who is so happy to see Anthony and make a new friend. There are also members of Tommy's family and other friends, including the rest of the band members.

Some of the people there are amazed to see Nikki and Evie together, knowing that they were in a relationship with other people a few weeks ago. The couple is not shy to show their affection to each other, and they hold hands all the time, despite some curious and surprised eyes.

After the party is over, Nikki and Evie go home. But before that, Evie tells Nikki:

"I had an idea what else we could do tonight."

"What it is?" Nikki looks at her confused for a few moments and then turned his attention back to the road.

"It's crazy," Evie chuckles. "Let's make something crazy!"

"I don't know what's on your mind," he smiles, "but I like the way it sounds."

In a few hours, the car finally stops in front of their house. They both go outside laughing and holding hands. They enter the house and Nikki presses Evie against the wall, kissing her lips longingly. She puts her hands on the Nikki's nape and reveals the newly made tattoo. Her side profile with angel wings and below a small text: 

'My angel without wings is my biggest inspiration.'

Evie kisses Nikki fiercely, and this time she presses him against the wall. Evie has her hair in a ponytail and a freshly tattooed tattoo can be seen on of her nape too. They are Nikki's eyes, that unique color of their and below it is written: 

'The most beautiful eyes in the world are in love with me.'

They both break their kiss, looking dizzy and breathing fast. She tells him:

"I love you so much."

"I love you more, darling," he grins and pulls her again and kisses her.