Chapter 31

After one week...

Evie runs down the hospital lobby to the room where her brother, Anthony, is. Although when her father called her and told her that Anthony had broken his leg, and he is okay, she still had a lot of worries and ran to the hospital. She can't stay home, knowing what her brother has been through.

She arrives in front of a room where her father comes out. Jack looks at his daughter a bit surprised.

She ran as fast as she could. Her concern is easily visible on her face.

"Evie..." He says weakly. "I've been waiting for you."

"How's Anthony?" She asks breathlessly.

"He's fine. He will be discharged tomorrow. But we will have to take great care of him until the plaster is taken off."

"Can I come in and see him?" Evie asks, looking at the door.

"Yes. His mother will be here soon too. I'm going to get him some food. I'll be back soon."

The brunette nods and presses the doorknob and goes inside. She barely enters when she hears a voice shouting at her:

"Evie! You came!"

She looks at her brother lying on the bed, surrounded by his favorite toys.

"Of course I came," Evie smiles, hurrying towards him. "How are you feeling?" She asks him, putting a hand in his hair.

"I'm better now," he says, looking at his bandaged leg. "I'm going to have to stay with this thing for a few weeks! It's not fair!"

"You should have been more careful when riding a bike," his sister gently scolds him.

"Yes, I should," the boy sighs. "Have you ever broken your hand or leg or hand, sis?" Anthony looks at Evie with his adorable eyes.

"Well..." Evie wants to tell him no, but a memory pops into her mind and she's silent now.

When she had just met Nikki 3 years ago, and she went to a party with Amelie after her cousin had an argument with Tommy and had just found out she was pregnant. She was talking to Nikki, and he almost kissed her. Amelie went outside, followed by Tommy. And then she doesn't know how, but she fell down the stairs and broke her hand. Nikki took her in his arms and took her to the car. Together with Amelie and Tommy went to the hospital. Nikki stayed with her all night when she had that surgery. He didn't go home. She can never forget that night. She easily comes to the conclusion that she can't get him out of her head no matter what.

"Sis?" Anthony calls Evie, who is daydreaming.

"Hmm?" The brunette looks puzzled at her younger brother.

"I asked you if you ever broke your hand or leg like me."

"Yes," Anthony. "I broke my hand a few years ago."

"Did it hurt?"

"Yes... It hurt badly. But I quickly felt good back. Just like you will do! You will see that everything will be fine."

Anthony smiles at her and plays with the toys in the bed for a minute and then looks up at her humbly and asks her:

"Can I ask you something? Mommy and daddy told me not to... But I can't help it. I'm so curious."

 "You can ask me everything you want, sweetie", Evie smiles soflty at him.

"Well... After you moved out.. why didn't you come and spend time with us... with Nikki? I haven't seen him in a long time. What is he doing? Mommy and Daddy told me not to ask you because I could upset you... But I'm so curious..."

"Oh," Evie wasn't expecting this question, but she has to answer. "Well... Nikki and I aren't that close now... Both of us decided to go on different paths..."

"Aren't you friends anymore? Is it because I wanted to pee on him?" Anthony asks with a sad expression. "Please tell him I'm sorry. I was 3 them!"

"No, sweetie," Evie chuckles and strokes his head. "Nikki wasn't mad at you for that. It's about something else... Between the two of us...."

"I miss him... I liked playing with him," Anthony says and looks sad at the teddy bear he holds in his hands.

Evie sighs because Anthony seems so sad now. But she can't change anything. She is still separated from Nikki and she is now in a relationship with Patrick. Things are over between them. Although she is still thinking about Nikki. About the moments they had together. It's hard to forget them. But they were unforgettable. Nikki changed her life.

"Hey," the brunette is trying to cheer up her brother, "what would you say if you came with me to Laura's party in a few weeks?She will definitely love to see you there!"

"Oh," Anthony looks at her in amazement. "I would like to go, but I don't know what gift to buy for a girl."

"I'll help you," Evie smiles warmly. "I know exactly what Laura likes. I'm her godmother after all."

"Then I can't wait to go," Anthony smiles.

"I knew you would be happy to come," Evie smiles.

After a few hours...

Evie gets out of the car after parking in front of her house. She enters the house and goes straight to the bathroom, where she undresses and takes a quick shower. As the water flows on her warm skin, she puts a hand on the tattoo on her chest. How could she forget about Nikki when this tattoo reminds her of the years they were together? It is like a covenant. Does Nikki think the same way when he looks at the identical tattoo on his chest? How much she wants to know that now.

She remembers that vivid day. When Nikki found out what kind of tattoo she wanted to get, he vehemently wanted to get one too. Evie didn't expect that. It was a magical day. And what was even more beautiful was the end when they were in his car where they had delicious, wild, wonderful moments.

She keeps thinking about him when she gets out of the tub and wipes her body and wet hair. She comes out of the bathroom with only a towel around her and gasps because she sees Patrick in front of her.

"Patrick! I didn't know you were coming home so early."

"I wanted to surprise you, darling," he smiles at her, his hand going up to her chin, measuring her with his eyes, the desire is in his eyes. "How was your day?" He asks her and puts a hand on her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"It was ok... Somehow... I went to Anthony's hospital because he broke his leg. But he will be fine. We don't have to worry."

"I'm glad he'll be fine," he smiles.

Evie can't explain why she feels so uncomfortable in Patrick's arms. This has never happened to her before. Until now, when she met Nikki again and turned her world upside down. But she looks deep into his eyes and imagines again that Patrick is Nikki.

He takes her hand and leads her to the bed and they both sit down, he over her, starting to kiss her neck, going down to her collarbone and then he presses his lips to hers.

Evie made love with Patrick that night, but thinking of Nikki, imagining that the man next to her is her ex-boyfriend. Increasing her longing for him.

Now Patrick fell asleep next to her, holding her in his arms. She is with her back to him and looks out the window at the stars in the dark sky. Her mind is everywhere, but not in that room. She can't continue like this. She has to do something. Everything she feels for Patrick dies. And everything she felt was dead to Nikki is getting alive. The flame ignites and she can't control it. She has to do something.

She can't even stand to be touched by Patrick. She puts his hands aside right now so she won't be touched and sighs deeply. The brunette would like other hands to touch her now.

A/N

Please don't kill me for this chapter either! Please! Just wait and read! And get ready for the drama because Nikki will do something that will upset Evie.