Chapter 3

After a few days...

Evie gets out of the car she parked in front of her cousin's house. She sees the light in the windows of the house, outside being dark. She doesn't knock on the door because she is always invited to Amelie's house and her cousin knows she is waiting for her. She enters the house directly. In the foyer, she takes off her white leather boots and goes to look for Amelie.

"Hey Amelie! I came!" The brunette shouts.

She gets no answer. She is looking for her in the living room, the kitchen and even in her bedroom. She goes to the bathroom and knocks on the door and hears a voice:

"Yes? Evie?"

Evie opens the door and sees Amelie standing in front of the mirror and combing her hair. She is dressed in a purple tulle dress and wears black tights.

"Wow!" Evie's eyes go down to her cousin's outfit. "You look great!"

"You look great too," Amelie smiles weakly and then turns her attention to the mirror, continuing to comb her hair.

And indeed, Evie also thinks she looks good dressed in her navy striped dress and the denim jacket. Leaving these details aside, there seems to be something wrong with Amelie. She looks like she's not in a good mood. As she usually is. She seems quiet. Too quiet.

"Amelie?" Evie asks, walking a little closer to her. "Are you ok? I called you. Why did not you answer me?"

"Oh, I didn't hear you. Sorry. I'm done here," Amelie says and puts the hairbrush aside and puts a hand in her dark hair. "Are you are ready?" She looks at her cousin.

"Of course. Let's go to the date I don't really want to come to," Evie says ironically.

"Girl, don't start again!" Amelie rolls her eyes and pushes Evie out of the bathroom. "I know that in your mind you want this date so much! You like Nikki! Admit it!"

"Are we going now?" Evie asks, avoiding answering and walks in front of Amelie.

"Oh, Evie," Amelie nods and smiles gently.

The two young women go to the foyer where they each put on their shoes. Evie puts on her white leather boots and Amelie puts on some pink heels. They leave the house, heading for Evie's car. The two young women don't even have time to open the doors as a car approaches them and stops. Evie looks confused at Amelie, who smiles weakly. Then she realizes it's Tommy's car. He gets out of the car, constantly smiling at Amelie. Nikki also appears out of the car, Evie not being able to refrain from staring at him in that darkness. He smiles softly and walks over to her. Tommy is now next to Amelie, whom he pulls in a warm hug and kisses on the lips.

"I didn't expect you guys to come here," Amelie says, looking at the two men in turn. "Evie and I were about to leave and meet at the place we had booked."

"We wanted to surprise you," Nikki answers, constantly smiling at Evie.

"Then are we going?" Evie asks, smiling, trying not to look so nervous around Nikki.

The four get in the car, Tommy drives the car and Amelie sits next to him. Evie and Nikki are sitting in the back seats. They carry on a discussion about the place where they will arrive.

"I forgot to tell you how good you look tonight," Nikki tells Evie, smiling.

"Thank you," Evie replies, her cheeks turning reddish. "You also look good."

Amelie chuckles slightly when she hears Evie and Nikki talking. Finally, after a 25-minute journey, they all arrive at the place where they will spend the evening. All four are already sitting at the table. Tommy is next to Amelie and Evie is next to Nikki. Everyone orders something and in the meantime, they discuss. Tommy and Amelie keep holding hands and kissing. While Evie and Nikki are just talking and she seems quite distant from him.