Chapter 41

The next day...

Evie is still in the hospital. She will be discharged tomorrow, considering that both she and Asher is fine. Nikki doesn't leave them anymore, watching them non-stop to make sure they're okay and that if Evie needs something. The brunette is overwhelmed by Nikki's care for her.

Right now she is lying on the bed, with little Asher in her arms. The little one has barely eaten, and is now sleeping carelessly. Nikki is next to them and looks at them both lovingly.

"Babe," he says approaching her and the newborn. "I'll take him to his crib so he can sleep better."

She smiles at him, nods and stretches out her arms. Nikki takes his son in his arms and carefully places him in his crib, caressing his little head.

In a short time, there is a knock on the door. Evie says yes and the door opens. Inside, Tommy enters with Heather and little Laura. With them are Evie's father and her stepmother and her brother Anthony. Both children hold blue balloons in their hands and make sounds of happiness.

"Oh, no," Nikki whispers and looks at Evie with the same worried look like her.

Nikki walks over to them and looks at the children and gestures:

"Okay, kids. I know you're happy to see Asher for the first time, but he's barely asleep. Keep quiet, please."

The children nod and go to the crib and look at little Asher, who is sleeping so peacefully.

"How cute, he is", Heather says approaching the crib. "Congratulations! How are you, Evie? Are you ok?" She asks, looking at the brunette.

"Thank you, Heather. I'm fine," Evie smiles.

Everyone goes and melt at the sight of the baby still sleeping. Evie's father goes to his daughter and hugs and congratulates her. Her step-mother doing the same.

"I feel so old now that you made me a grandfather," Jack jokes.

"Oh, Dad," Evie chuckles. "You will never be old."

"I feel old too now because I'm an uncle," says Anthony.

Everyone there starts laughing lightly, because they don't want to wake little Asher.

"Little Asher is so cute," says Li Mei. "I hope he will brings you joy. To make you proud."

"Thank you," Evie and Nikki say in unison.

"From now on, goodbye sleep," Tommy is joking with Nikki.

"I don't think so," Nikki grins. "Asher is already sleeping very well."

"That's right," Evie says. "He is a good baby."

"Wait a few more weeks when he has colic," Tommy tenses Nikki again.

"Oh, babe shut up," Heather says to her husband and rolls her eyes. "Even if Asher has colic, they will both survive."

Everyone starts laughing again. Laura and Anthony look at the sleeping baby for another minute.

"I told you he was a boy," Anthony grins at Laura.

The little girl frowns, crosses her hands, and goes to Evie's bed, where the other adults are.

"Auntie Evie!" Says the little girl. You have to have a girl now. Please! I want a girl friend to play with."

"Laura!" Heather raises her voice, scolding her daughter.

All this while the others grows up laugh, especially Tommy, who is out of breath.

"Laura seems to inherit you with each passing day," Nikki tells his bandmate.