Chapter 47

After 4 months...

"Congratulations! You have a wonderful daughter!" Evie tells Tommy and Heather.

Both Evie and her husband and son are in the hospital to see Tommy and Heather's newborn daughter.

Heather is holding her daughter, who is sleeping. Tommy is next to her and doesn't take his eyes off his daughter. Laura is absorbed in the presence of her younger sister.

"Finally, I have a sister! Little Laura exclaims.

Everyone there laughs. Asher wants to see the baby better, so Nikki takes him in his arms and brings him closer to Heather.

"Look! Baby!" The little one says and points to the newborn.

"Yes, darling," his mother says with a loving look and lowers her hands on her baby bump which is huge now. "You alsonwill soon have a baby sister. I can't wait to see you both spend time together."

"Another month and the bun will come out of the oven," Heather jokes, looking at Evie's tummy.

"We can't wait for that," Evie smiles at her husband who shares the same warm smile with her. "Anyway," she says and looks at the couple in front of her. "What's the little princess's name?"

"Well," Heather smiles broadly at her husband and older daughter and looks back at Evie. "Laura helped us find a perfect name for her. Megan!"

"Aw! It's a wonderful name for a beautiful little girl," Evie smiles at the newborn.

"Laura and Megan sound good together," Laura smiles at her sister and puts a hand on her head full with blond hair. "Together we will be best friends."

"I'm sure of that," Evie tells her. "Aw! I think Megan looks a lot like you," Heather.

"Do you think?" Heather asks and looks intently at Megan. "I think she looks more like Tommy."

"We'll see who she looks like soon," says her loving husband and kisses her on the top of the head.

Evie and Nikki look at each other and smile, both remembering that when Laura was born, Tommy was upset when Evie said that the newborn looked like her mother. Now, after so many years, he seems more mature.

After a month...

Evie and Nikki are in the nursery, preparing the room for their daughter who will be born in the next few days. Or she might even be born today. Evie is 40 weeks pregnant.

Evie puts some toys on the shelf when she sees Asher walking slowly toward the pink crib and puts his hand through the crib bars and leaves a crocheted doll. The doll he took for his sister.

"Aw, sweetheart!" She exclaims and goes to her son, bends down a little difficult because of her big belly and she ruffles his hair. "You can't wait to meet your sister, can't you?"

"Yes!" The little one squeals so loudly that he catches the attention of his father who finishes assembling the rocking chair.

He gets up from the floor and goes to his son and wife.
Evie sees him and says, staring at her son:

"Asher can't wait to meet his sister."

"Your sister will be born soon," Nikki tells Asher and strokes his little head.

Evie suddenly put her hands on her baby bump, and seems to be in pain, which immediately catches Nikki's eye.

"Are you all right, honey?" He asks her as he approaches her.

She doesn't answer and walks slowly to the rocking chair and puts herself on it, her hands still on the baby bump.

"I have a contraction," she says breathlessly.

Her husband approaches her, kneels down and grabs the tummy and looks at it. He smiles because he can feel the baby moving with energy.

"Is the baby on the way?" He asks.

"Possible," she says breathing easier because the pain diminishes. "It may just be a false alarm."

Asher also approaches his mother, and puts his little hands on her tummy and says:

"Baby now!"

His parents laugh and Evie say softly:

"You may see your sister soon, little one."

After about half an hour, Evie seems to be feeling better. So she stays in the nursery room with Asher and Nikki go down to the kitchen. Not long after, Nikki sees in front of him, his son who raises his hands in the air and yell:

"Mommy peed!"

Evie also appears behind the little one. She holds one hand against the wall and the other hand is under her baby bump. The dress she is wearing is soaking between her legs.

"It's time!" She says with a sweaty, slightly panicked face. "My water broke... Let's call someone to stay with Asher."

"Are you sure you can wait until someone comes to stay with Asher?" Her husband asks her worriedly.

"I'm ok... I don't think I'll give birth, so fast. I don't have big contractions."

Nikki goes and calls someone to stay with his son. He doesn't want to call the nanny this time, so he calls someone in Evie's family. But they live in a city too far away. He doesn't want to bother Tommy and Heather either. They have a one-month-old baby who has colic and cries all the time. So he has no choice but to call his mother. Deana. She immediately agrees to come. And soon, she knocks on the door and goes and stays with her grandson, while Nikki and Evie go to the hospital.

Once there, Evie's dilation is checked. Looks like she was right and she won't give birth as fast as she did to Asher almost 2 years ago. Her dilatation is 3 cm.

She stays with Nikki and her contractions increase every hour. Six hours pass and Evie are completely dilated and is told she can push. Nikki is next to her, holding her hand.

Evie is told to push once more and does so, clenching her teeth until she feels the baby's head come out. She is also told to push and the baby comes out completely, hearing her loud cry.

"Congratulations," says the doctor. "You have a healthy daughter," and he puts the newborn on her mother's chest.

"Hello darling," Evie says with tears in her eyes and puts a hand on her daughter. "We've been waiting for you."

The newborn stops crying shortly after touching her mother's skin.

"She's so perfect," Nikki says, unable to take his eyes off his daughter.

"I can't wait for Asher to see her," Evie smiles.

Soon, Nikki cut the umbilical cord and then the newborn is taken, cleaned and wrapped in a cotton blanket and given to her father.

"Welcome Raelynn Amelie Sixx," Nikki says to his daughter in his arms as he strokes her brown hair.

"She looks like you," Evie smiles broadly at her husband. "She looks like Asher too. Isn't that wonderful?"

Nikki approaches his wife, bending, kissing and whispering to her:

"The next baby will look like you."

"The next one?" Evie giggles. "Who said there would be another one? I just pushed this baby out of me."

"It will be one more," Nikki smiles softly at her.

"Not now," Evie smiles and nods. "We already have two children under the age of 3."

"Not now, babe," Nikki smiles at her and then looks at his daughter. "It will come at the right time."