Chapter 56

October 1996...

Fortunately, after that August 1995 operation, Skykar was fine. She healed completely and now she is happy with her parents. Since then, she and Asher has become even closer than ever. Their friendship seems unstoppable.

Today, Nikki and Evie are at Tommy's house with their children. His band mate remarried the famous Pamela Anderson and they have a 4-month-old son, Brandon.

His older sisters, 10-year-old Laura and 5-year-old Megan, are also there to spend time with their brother. Heather brought them to their father's house and left them because on the weekends, the girls stay with their father.

They play with Asher, who turns 7 next month, and Raelynn, who is 5 years old, and little Bryce, who is 2 years old.

Evie sits next to Pamela, who gives her little Brandon after she asks her to give her. Nikki is next to her and they both look gently at the baby who coos and moves his hands up as if trying to tell them something.

"Look at you," Tommy grins slyly. "Looks like you want to have another baby in your arms. Maybe you'll tell us something soon."

Both Nikki and Evie giggle, she blushes slightly and their eyes go back to the baby.
Bryce approaches the baby and places a hand on Brandon's small head and says:

"Cute baby."

The adults there melt seeing the adorable reaction of the 2-year-old boy.

"As I said," Tommy grins, alluding to what he said earlier. "Maybe we'll hear great news from you soon."

After a few hours...

Evie and Nikki arrive home with the children after they visited Tommy. Evie goes and bathes all the children in turn, helped by her husband. But Asher has been protesting for some time and says he wants to take a bath alone. But Evie always finds shampoo in his hair after the bath, a sign that she hasn't rinsed properly. So after the bath, she always goes to him and checks if he has rinsed his hair properly.

After beathing them all, she puts them on each bed and goes to the bedroom and lies on the bed where Nikki is waiting for her, who takes her in his arms and kisses her on the temple.

It's quiet for a minute. Nikki strokes his wife's back and she puts her head on his shoulder and smiles, feeling so good next to him.

"Did you see how Bryce looked at Brandon?" Nikki asks suddenly.

"Huh?" Evie opens her eyes and looks up at her husband, curiously.

"Yes, honey. Did you see that too?" Nikki keeps talking and rubs her back. "Bryce seems ready to be an older brother. Maybe we should..." His gaze goes down to his wife, who is staring into his eyes. "Maybe we should try to make baby No. 4," he grins flirtatiously and puts a hand on his wife's red cheek.

"I'm afraid it's too late for that," she smiles and blushes harder.

"What do you mean?" Her husband is really confused.

Evie smiles and straightens her back and puts a hand on her lower abdomen and says with her eyes glued to her husband's:

"It's too late to try to make another baby because... because I'm already pregnant."

"What the f-," Nikki refrains in time not to say all the swearing because the shock is too big. "You're kidding?"

"I would never joke about it," Evie smiles sincerely. "Never. I'm really pregnant. I found out yesterday."

"Why did not you tell me?" Nikki's eyes sparkle and he looks worried.

"I've been waiting for the right time to tell you."