Chapter 33

A/N

Listen to the song when I will point! I didn't think I would ever put such a song here. Lol. Prepare your holy water! 🤭😅😈

After one week...

"I'm so sorry, Evie."

Heather is at Evie's house now. They are both in the kitchen, sitting at the table. She tries to comfort her friend who seems so sad.

"I don't know what's wrong with me," Evie sighs. "I'm not sad that I broke up with Patrick but I feel so bad after talking to Nikki..."

"You didn't love Patrick, Evie. Admit it! You created the illusion that you cared about him. Your mind has always been elsewhere."

"Could me and Nikki start a life together again?" Evie asks, looking up at Heather's blue eyes.

"Give it a try," the blonde smiles softly at her. "You have nothing to lose. Now Nikki is separated from Vanity. You guys can be back together..."

"What if he tells me he's not good enough for me? Like he told me a year ago?"

"This won't happen again. Nikki did this then to protect you. He was going through a difficult time. Now he's changed."

"I don't know what to say..."

"Oh, girl," Heather sighs. "I wish I could do something to make you feel better."

"Nobody can..."

No one says anything until Heather's sigh is heard again. The blonde puts a hand on Evie's shoulder and says:

"What would you say if you came to see Laura? She misses you so much and she will make you feel better."

"Okay," Evie nods and smiles weakly.

Heather drives her to her house. They both go out and enter the house where a cheerful voice is immediately heard:

"Mommy and Auntie!"

Little Laura runs towards the two with her hands raised in the air.

"Hey, my dear," Heather says and takes her in her arms, kissing her on the top of the head.

"Mommy, you brought Auntie here!" Laura points to Evie.

"Hey, sweetie. I missed you," says Evie and takes the little girl in her arms.

"I missed you more," Laura says determined.

"Oh, God, how adorable you are!" Evie cries.

"Laura," Heather is called the little girl. "Can you tell your godmother how old you will be soon?"

The little girl smiles at Heather and then at Evie. Then she looks down at her small hands and slowly raises three fingers, looking at them and then at her godmother. 

"I'll be three years old!" The little girl giggles.

"Aw!" Evie kisses her on the forehead. "You are the cutest little girl in the world."

"I know that," the girl smiles.

Evie looks at Heather and laugh. Laura inherited the personality of her mother, Amelie.

They head for the house, but when they enter the house, Evie is so appalled that she almost drops Laura. Nikki leaves the house and looks at her seriously. He stands in front of the door, not moving.

"What's going on?" Evie turns her gaze to Heather, who has a nervous smile on her face. "What is he doing here?"

"Sorry, Evie... You both need to talk... You really need to do this."