Chapter 50

"Kids! Where you are?" Evie shouts.

Nikki is with her, holding her hand. They both end up in the living room where the children are playing and Rexx is sitting next to them, guarding them.

"Here you are," Evie says with a gentle expression on her face, and approaches Asher and Raelynn.

"What happened?" Asher asks and looks confused at his mother and then at his father who also comes close to them.

Both of their parents sit down next to them and Evie says:

"We have to tell you something..."

Now Raelynn is also focused and puts down the toy she is playing with and looks with great curiosity at her parents.

"What is it?" Asher shrugs.

Evie smiles broadly and looks at her husband who gives her such a loving look and says:

"It's a surprise..."

"Surprise?" Raelynn also asks.

"Yes, sweetie," Evie tells her daughter and puts a strand of light brown hair aside over her ear. "It's something I think you'll like. Well... You'll have a brother or sister soon! She or he will be born next year!"

"What?" Both children jump up, taken by surprise by such news.

Evie and Nikki are amused, looking at their children's astonished faces.

"Oh, I hope he's a boy! Asher says eagerly! I want a brother!"

"No, sister!" Raelynn folds her arms and looks at him sharply.

"He will be a boy, I feel that," Asher smiles.

"You shouldn't argue, kids," their mother speaks to them very gently. "Whatever it is... boy or girl... You have to love him or her."

"Will he or she love us?" Asher asks.

Evie looks at Nikki. He smiles and puts his hand on her baby bump which is currently flat and she answers the children:

"Your sibling will surely love you very much."

"We can't wait for him to come!" Asher cries and gets up.

"Do you promise to be a good big brother to him or her as you are to Raelynn?" His father asks him.

Asher looks at his sister who looks at him a little pointless for a few moments and then smiles at him so he also smiles and says:

"Of course! Together we will be the most wonderful siblings in the world!"

"That's right," Evie says, looking enthusiastically at her children.

After 6 months... March 1994...

The baby Shower is taking place at Nikki and Evie's house today. All of Nikki's friends, family and even bandmates are there with their children. Everyone is in the big garden and they have a great time, especially that the weather is so warm.

The situation is a little strange that Tommy and Heather are there together after their divorce. But they agreed to be friends for the sake of their daughters.

Evie unwraps all the gifts she receives. All the baby clothes are blue because 3 months ago, she found out she was pregnant with a baby boy! She and Nikki were very happy when they found out, but they would have been just as happy if it was a baby girl. They just want their third child to be healthy.

Evie watches her son play with Skylar. Sharise is next to her and she's smiling too. The connection between the two children cannot be overlooked.

Heather walks over to her and whispers something in Evie's ear: