Chapter 60

"My sisters are so cute!" Raelynn says admiringly at the newborns in the cribs. 

Evie and Nikki brought Juniper and Julia home and put them to their cribs. Their older siblings came to see them. They first saw them in the hospital. But the twins remained under observation in the hospital for a week after the birth, the doctors wanted to make sure that they are perfectly healthy. 

Evie and Nikki hold hands, looking at their older children who are beginning to form a bond with their younger sisters.

"Your sisters are really cute," Evie says gently to her older daughter, touching her shoulder. "But don't shout too loud because you might wake them up."

"Oops, sorry," says Raelynn with an astonished expression and then looks at her sisters again, smiling.

"Which one is Juniper and which one is Julia?" Asher looks up and asks his parents. 

Nikki chuckles and points to the newborn in the left crib and says: 

"This is Juniper, and in the other crib is Julia."

"How will we tell them apart?" Asher asks again about their sisters. "They look so similar."

This question makes Evie and Nikki laugh, but they immediately refrain. 

"It won't be hard, sweetie," his mother tells him. "Although they look identical, we will be able to know who is Juniper and who is Julia. "

"They're beautiful," adds little Bryce, smiling. 

"Yeah darling, they're really beautiful," his mother smiles at him. "Just like you and the rest of your siblings." 

"Mommy, Daddy, will you have any more babies?" Raelynn asks and looks at her parents. "We are so many children now. We won't have room in the house anymore."

Evie and Nikki are silent and their faces fall, not expecting such a question from their daughter. They look at each other and giggle.

"Don't worry, princess," her father tells her. "If you will have more siblings, there will be enough room for everyone.

"I want a brother next time," Asher demands confidently, making his parents laugh. 

"I don't think it will be a next time," his mother smiles.

"But we're the Sixx family! We have to be 6 children!" Raelynn says convincingly and raises her little arms.

"Yes! 6! 6!" Asher and Bryce shouts together. 

Evie and Nikki burst out laughing, seeing how authoritative their children look for another sibling.

"That's what I told your mother a long time ago," Nikki smiles at looks at his wife and children. "This was happening long before you were born."

"Doesn't give them ideas," Evie nods, but still smiling. "I don't want to hear about another child. We have enough children."

"That's what you said as soon as you give birth to every child we have now," her husband grins and pulls her closer to him and kisses her on the forehead. "One more will not hurt."

"It's easy to say when you're not carrying that child," Evie rolls her eyes but still laughs.

After 4 months...

Evie and Nikki are sitting at the table with their three older children. It's lunchtime and they feed them. Juniper and Julia are in their room, after Evie, with the help of her husband, fed them and now they are sleeping. 

Asher, Raelynn and Bryce eat quietly at the table with their mother and father. And to their surprise, this time the children do not quarrel and eat quietly. 

Suddenly the phone rings in the living room. Evie gets up first and goes there, picks up the receiver, puts it to her ear and says: 

"Hello?"

???: "Evie? It's me, Heather!"

"Oh, hey, Heather! What are you doing? Are you ok?"

Heather: "I'm fine! I called you to let you know that my daughter was born yesterday! Oh, Evie, I have such a healthy baby girl! I can't wait for Laura and Megan see her."

"Oh, how glad I am that you gave me such good news! Congratulations! Maybe we'll come see you and your little one soon!"

Heather: "If you really want to."

"Of course we want! Once again, congratulations, Heather. I'm really glad for you and Richie. I'm leaving you now. You need to rest."

Heather: "Okay, Evie. Tell the kids and Nikki I greeted them. Bye!"

"I will! Bye!" Evie hungs up and puts the receiver in its place and goes to the dining room where are her children and her husband. 

As soon as she got there, Evie looks at the baby monitor on the table and hears the twins crying.

She sighs and Nikki want to rise up, but she tells him:

"It's fine. Stay with the kids here," she says quickly and doesn't wait for a confirmation and goes to the twins' room. 

The brunette enters the room and goes to her daughters. She notices that only one of them is crying. Julia. Juniper is awake, but not crying.

She looks at Julia and takes her in her arms, rocking her, trying to calm her down, but the baby continues to cry even harder. Worried, Evie looks more closely at her daughter and notices an important detail about her. Something that doesn't look right. Her face turns white and she shouts at her husband in a second: 

"Babe! Come here quickly!"

It doesn't take long for her to hear Nikki's hurried footsteps, and he enters the room with a frightened look, feeling that something is wrong.

"What is it?" He asks and goes to Evie who is holding his daughter.

"Julia..." Evie almost cries and motions for him to look at the baby. "There's something wrong with one of her eyes." 

"What..." Nikki reaches out to them and looks closely at his daughter who is still crying.

Indeed, Julia's right eye does not look normal. Until now, both girls had brown eyes. Just like their mother. But Julia's right eye is partially green. Something unusual that makes her parents suspicious.

"What happened to her eyes?" Evie asks, who already has tears in her eyes. "Did something fall in her eyes? But I've always kept an eye on her and Juniper. And besides, she's crying so much..."

"We call someone to stay with the kids and we immediately go to the hospital with her," Nikki tells his wife trying to calm her down even though he is just as worried about his daughter's well-being. 

Nikki says this and quickly leaves the room, going to the phone. 

Evie stays in the room with the twins, with Julia in her arms. She lifts Julia to her chest and kisses her on the forehead, whispering:

"Don't cry, my dear. Please... You'll be fine..."