Chapter 16

After a few weeks...

"Sister! Do you want me to show you my Dino collection?" Little Anthony asks Evie looking at her with his expressive eyes.

The brunette is sitting next to him on the floor, in a lot of toys. She plays with him. She smiles at her little brother. Now she's feeling like a child playing with her little brother.

Together with them is Nikki, who is sitting on the couch and watching them, smiling. They came to visit them. Her father is not home. He's at work, but he'll be back soon. Her stepmother enters the living room and speaks in a worried tone:

"I'm afraid something happened. I have to go to my sister's house and I'll take Anthony with me."

"No!" The little one protests and stands up and shows his mother an imposing look, folding his little arms. "I want to stay with Evie!"

"Oh, please don't start, Anthony," Mei Lin sighs and puts a hand to her forehead.

"If you trust us enough," Evie says, looking up at her boyfriend, "Nikki and I could stay with Anthony. I have been a babysitter many times. I have a cousin who will have a baby soon. So I know something about children."

Mei Lin looks a little insecure at Evie and especially at Nikki, who smiles sincerely at her.

"Okay," the woman smiles. "I might stay a while... If anything happens... please call me!"

"Okay," Evie smiles and looks at her brother who smiles and continues to play. "I'm sure everything will be fine."

Mei Lin smiles at them once more and says goodbye and leaves. Evie goes and sits on the couch next to Nikki. He puts a hand behind her shoulder and says:

"I don't know how to take care of children."

The brunette rolls her eyes and says:

"It's not that hard. And he's 3 years old. What would you do if there was a baby crying because he had colic?"

"What is this... colic?" Nikki asks completely ignorantly.

Evie rolls her eyes again and shook her head.

"You'll find out when you're going to be dad," she teases him.

"I hope it won't be too soon," he grins, staring into her eyes. "Not that I don't want this to happen with you... Being the mother... but now is not the time."

"Okay," Evie chuckles and quickly kisses him on the lips.

"Hey," Nikki leans back and points her finger at Anthony, "no kisses in front of the child."

"He didn't see anything," Evie chuckles and looks at Anthony, who is still playing with his toys.

Nikki puts his mouth to her ear and whispers to Evie in a seductive voice that makes her shudder:

"You are a very naughty mommy. How I wish I could take you to the bedroom now and give you a punishment."

"Nikki!" Evie winces and pushed him lightly into his chest, but she also laughs.

"What I said?" He giggles and puts a hand around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"I want to pee!" The boy shouts.

Nikki and Evie turn their heads and see Anthony standing next to them and staring at them.

"Jesus... when did he come to us so quickly?" Nikki asks, looking spooked at the child.

"Okay, Anthony," Evie gets up from the couch and holds out her hand to him. "I'll take you to the bathroom."

"I don't want to go with you!" The boy protests and nods. "I want to go with him!" He points to Nikki.