Chapter 5

Dignity Health- California Hospital Medical Center...

Evie looks at the plaster cast on her hand and sighs. Unfortunately, the arm was broken and had to be operated on. Amelie wanted to stay in the hospital with her until the end of the operation, but of course Evie did not leave her considering that she is pregnant and tired. Tommy took her home and Nikki stayed with her. After the operation, he sat by her bed waiting to wake up. Evie was amazed to see him when she woke up, but in the depths of her soul, she was very happy to be next to him.

But she can't believe how clumsy she could have been. Now she has to stay with this plaster cast on her hand for a month. She will not be able to go to work either. She won't be able to do anything.

The door opens and a very smiling Amelie enters. She stands in the doorway and cheerfully tells Evie:

"Hey, Ev! I didn't come alone. Look who else came!"

Amelie enters and Nikki also appears in the room, who smiles wide at Evie, making her heart shudder at the sight of him. He holds a paper bag in his hand and walks towards her. Amelie goes outside, but not before saying:

"I leave you alone," she winks at Evie and leaves the room immediately.

"Amelie told me your favorite food. Here is it," Nikki says and hands the bag to Evie.

"Thank you," says Evie smiling and extends her left hand to take it, but Nikki pulls it up grinning. "What do you think you're doing?" She frowns.

He leans over her, his face being so close to her and whispers:

"First, I want to receive something from you."

"What?" Evie shrugs in confusion.

"Don't you really understand?" He smiles as she looks so naive.

Evie's brown eyes widen, understanding his allusion. Her face instantly turns red, and her pulse increases, locking herself mentally. Nikki wants a kiss from her! Only lust can be seen on his face. He wants her so much. Evie sees this, looking into his hungry eyes. He gets closer and closer to her, Evie doesn't move at all, waiting for that to happen. But the door opens and they both startle and look at the person entering.

Evie gasps at the sight of her mother. She's the last person she wants to see here with Nikki. Olivia has a shocked face. She takes turns staring at her daughter and then at Nikki. Nikki looks at Evie confused, not understanding who that woman is. He will find out immediately because Evie says:

"Mom?"

Hearing this, Nikki winces, continuing to look bizarrely at Evie and Olivia.

"Who is he?" Olivia asks, walking towards the two of them.

"He... He..." Evie stammers, looking at her mother, and then at Nikki.

"I'm a friend of hers," Nikki says in a neutral voice.

"Friend?" Olivia asks, arching an eyebrow, showing that she is not too convinced by his answer. "And do friends stay so close to each other?"

"Mom... Please," Evie sighs, knowing that a scandal is coming from her mother that she can't control.

"Can you leave me alone with my mother?" Evie looks at Nikki with a pleading look.

"Of course," he smiles weakly. "See you later, Evie."

"See you soon," Evie smiles to him.

Olivia can't help but stare at Nikki coming out of that room, hoping that her daughter will never see him again. Evie looks at her mother, who can't take her eyes off Nikki's tattoos on his arms. She takes a deep breath. She needs a lot of energy to get over the fight that will follow.