Chapter 2 : The Calm Before the Storm

Less Than One Year Later

A small red hair baby was slowly finishing to climb her cradle. She was about to successfully escape from it. Although as she was smiling in delight anticipating her future discoveries, she was found out. Kushina Uzuamki was a fierce opponent. She immediately took the baby in her arms and put it back in her cradle, the little thing pouted.

The Uzumaki merely smiled at her baby. She didn't expect that to have a child would change her life so much. She and Minato had a hard time dealing with this new responsibility while being the hokage and resuming her own training. There were some memorable moments such as when the poor Fourth hokage had tried to change his daughter's diaper or when she had refused to eat.

Kushina often reminded herself of the birth of her daughter, she wanted to be sure that she would be born in the best condition possible at the hospital. Although, Kyuubi had fought hard to escape during her labour, he might have succeeded. If they were to have another kid, they decided that it would be better to give birth outside of the village to prevent someone from being harmed if the tailed beats was released.

Kushina and Minato had tried to find a good name for their daughter but they couldn't agree on it. It had led to a fierce fight between their respective friend and teacher. Jiraya and Orochimaru were both having different opinions on that matter. Not wanting to hurt the feelings of either side and to deal with a destroyed village over something so trivial, Tsunade ran out of patience.

She had hit both men hard before making another suggestion. Her little red hair was born on a snowy day, Yuki was decided which everyone finally agreed and they had given her Minato's last name. He wanted to pass it to her even if it meant that she would have many enemies solely based on that fact.

They preferred that she learned to deal with it rather than live in the fear of her lineage to be discovered. It meant as much danger as to be given the Uzumaki name. It was obvious enough that she had inherited her mother's red hair which meant that they didn't need to confirm the idea of her being one.

Some ninjas were still very fearful of the past glory of the Uzumakis even when their village was destroyed. Their techniques were very high demand on the black market and their knowledge even more a dangerous threat for the hidden villages.

Konoha hadn't simply find her and asked her and her family to come to the village in order to be the next host of the Nine Tails. It was more to be certain to keep the legacy of that clan and their power only for their village. After all the elders assumed that it was their village's right to have a monopoly on them. The founders of the village, the Senjus, were cousins with her clan.

Although, it didn't turn out as they wanted. Her mother had refused to tell a soul except her daughter about their secret clan techniques and herself had never taken an apprentice or a genin team to pass on that knowledge. She would do the same and only taught her daughter about these jutsus, it wasn't meant for outsiders.

Kushina had even only shown a bit more advanced fuinjutsus to her husband that was very interested in this art and one very known Uzumaki jutsu. The secret of the mastery of real fuinjutsu would die with her and the legacy of her daughter or other children.

The Third hokage and the elders had insisted many times that she was to teach that heritage to others. Although,  she had always refused, and it had become a common occurrence to see her kick out those respected elders from her home.

Little did they know that she could have done worse without them knowing but she restrained herself. She didn't want to cause more trouble than needed. Many described her as a hothead woman which didn't seem to think that much before speaking her mind but somehow still very intelligent. Kushina was more of a rational person, and it was exactly what made her perfectly fit for black opus anbu.