Chapter 70 : Yuki Uzumaki

Courtyard of Konohagakure's hospital, end of the afternoon

"Ah, shoot!" Screamed a feminine voice.

One second, Gaara of the Sand, Fourth Kazekage, was in the midst of visiting the last remaining Sand ninjas being healed here. Or at least it was the official version but he also happened to want to spend sometimes with Naruto. They could finally spend more time together.

"I am so sorry!" She said trying to stand up but failed to do so. He caught her. Temari and Kankuro were snickering. He gave them a disapproving look.

"There is no need to apologize." He sated in her usual neutral tone while Kankuro was muttering beyond hope.

"Are you a patient here?" He asked, looking at her hospital clothes.

"Yes, but I happen to want to take a walk but my family was against me so I had to run away to do so. The doctor did say that it would help my recovery." She said as a matter of fact. He sighed, he couldn't leave her in this state.

"Kankuro, Temari, could you tell Naruto that I will be late and that whatever he wanted to show me will have to wait?" Demanded Gaara.

"Very well, little brother, enjoy your lovely time." Teased Kankuro.

He held the hand of the girl, no wonders that she fell on him. Ninja or no, she had a large bandage covering her eye entirely. From the hospital he could hear screaming.

"Where is she?!"

"It is your fault that she ran away, you were all pestering her to choose among you!"

"When we found her, you will see that she will say that I am her favourite sensei!!"

Again if there was shooting each day in the hospital, it was logical that she would want some fresh air. He leads her behind the hospital.

"You can sit here. There is a bench." He said being considerate towards her.

She smiled and nodded sitting. They sat side by side in silence.

"What is your name? I am sorry but didn't catch it earlier."

"My name is Gaara."

"I am Yuki."

"Do you have any family?"

"Yes, I have a big one, I have my two siblings but I consider my hidden village as much as them as my family. I would never recover if any of the ninjas or villagers were hurt." He said looking at the passing birds. "What about you?"

"Oh, me? Simply a sibling but I too cherish my village and the people in it because it is the reason why the villages are heavens for us ninjas. It is a home, a place to grow, to live and especially to make good memories and make friends." She answered leaning on the bench putting her head on his legs.

Gaara straightened up before relaxing. He was still unused to physical contact that weren't initiated by him.

"It seems that we share the same views on our village."

"Indeed." She said, adjusting her positon on his legs.

"The way that you talk reminds me of a dear friend and a person that I met long ago." He observed. The girl smiled again and had a small laugh.

"Who knows maybe I am her?" She said mischievously.

Before he had the time to question her more, he heard foot steps. Naruto Uzumaki arrived completely panicked followed by Sasuke Uchiha in the same state with Sakura Haruno in toes looking annoyed. Ino Yamanaka had a stethoscope in her neck, she was out of breath. She still had her smock on.