Chapter 7: Kinoe

Yuki woke up at 6 Am. She couldn't sleep past that hour, she simply had to wake up. She didn't know if her jiji would send one of his to make sure that this young child would try anything with her or was tasked to try to get her in trouble which was very likely to happen, or he would let her be alone with him.

Anyways, she wanted to make use of this unsupervised morning to go train but just in case she cloned herself to do so. She knew that most powerful ninja could tell if the person in front of them was using justus on themselves. It was said to be some muscle memory but with chakra without being a sensory type. She preferred not to take chances and even when she sent her colones on her behalf she made sure to apply a transformation justu just not to have to explain how she was at the same place as one person while she was with another one. She had only been wary when around the hokage, she tested her theory that only very powerful ninja or hyugas based on  the library and secret scrolls could see through her coloning and transformation jutsu.

One of her usual anbu had followed her clone without doubting that it was her even Kakashi was fooled. Although taking chances with the hokage was a useless risk and it was more troublesome if someone discovered her real capacities.

Anyways while her clone was going to train, she went to the kitchen her jiji was still sleeping and make herself breakfast preparing an extra part for her grandfather. She ate silently reading another scroll borrowed from a certain jonin commander who was seemingly asleep about kenjutsu.

She didn't remember that the Nara clan or anyone in it was practising it. The old man must have let it on purpose for her to take, it suited her perfectly. It was a complex text on the different forms of kenjustu and postures to use those. The hokage was up and he sat already dressed for his day.

"Hello my dear, did you sleep well?"

"Yes and you?"

"Fine but these days, I have been thinking about Asuma..."

The hokage was worried about his son. He wanted to get out of Konoha from his dad's shadow. He accepted to be one of the twelve guardian ninjas which was tasked to protect the daimyo.

"When do you think he is coming back?"

"Maybe soon, because there was an incident concerning the guards, one of them led a rebellion."

Yuki was happy to see him come back, but she was a bit sad for him. He had written to her unknowingly from his father. He really liked the girl but who wouldn't like her even the rogues would like her... A certain mask man sneezed while talking to a red hair man.

Asuma explained how much he liked his teammates especially a monk whose name she couldn't remember but they seemed to get along well. Also, he talked about their chief, how he was a great man. It must have hurt him so much to have to fight some of them. Yuki finished her breakfast and washed the plates. She was about to go but the hokage stopped her.

"I think you will meet your new guard at my office."

He put a hand on her shoulder and smiled before walking to his office. She told him of a new scroll that she had found, the hokage nodded occasionally adding suggestions for future readings. As they arrived, Danzo was already waiting with a young boy with brown hair as soon as he saw Yuki he smiled and his eyes twinkled.

"Lady Yuki, this is Kinoe, he is the boy I have told you about yesterday."

"Hello Yuki-sama nice to meet you."

"You can just call me Yuki, we are still kids after all and I didn't do much to deserve this mark of respect."

"As you wish "