Chapter 49 : Counter Attack and the Fourth

Konogakure, Nara ground, earlier

"Shikmaru, I must tell you something." Said gravely Shikaku Nara.

The patriarch of the Nara clan hesitated longly to tell this to his son. Although, it was better to him to know of this possibility than to remain unaware and learn it from the wrong person.

"What is it, dad? We must hurry to this meeting with Tsunade same." Said his son with an underlying such a drag.

"Son sits down, this is important." Said once again Shikaku.

"Such a drag, this is your fault if you get assigned to the hokage's paperwork again." Said Shikamaru sighing deeply.

"Shikamaru don't talk to your father like that!" screamed his wife from the kitchen in the noose in some scrolls about economic issues of the clan.

"Ah troublesome." Mumbled his son.

The patriarch didn't see his son grow up. He was already a jonin. Although, he still fought against them trying to get off the extra bed in his room. Each time that Yoshino did laundry, his lazy son managed to put in without them noticing the sheets of the extra bed. He did the bed in extra more care than his own bed. He still had a lingering attachment to her.

"Shikamaru, you have to know that Tsunade same, Kakashi and I discussed a delicate subject." The leader clan of the Nara.

He was observing the reaction of his son. Suddenly all laziness and reluctance left him. He was listening to what he had to say.

"Are you talking about what I think you are talking about?" said his son with shining eyes.

"There might be a possibility that she is still..." started his father before big explosions were heard all around them.

Shikaku knew that Pain had started his attack on the village. He will have to resume this discussion on that sensible matter another time.

"DAD!" roared his son understanding the gravity of the situation and wanting to confirm what he was about to say. This brought the beginning of a typhoon for their village. Questions will be asked to some people on the real events that took place.

.....

Hokage's office ancient localization

"HOW DARE YOU HAVE RUINED THE LEGACY OF MY ANCESTORS AND LOVED ONES!" screamed Tsunade her healing seal released panting and bleeding.

Naruto couldn't believe what he was seeing. The village was entirely destroyed. Many chakra signatures disappeared. He could now sense them with the sage mode. He searched silently in distress for the chakra signature of Kakashi sensei. He couldn't feel it.

"Choji... Is Kakashi...?" he said, refraining from letting emotion overwhelmed him.

He needed all his brain. Although, how could Pain take his other teacher from him! He felt the rage of revenge boil in his whole being. Naruto had been brave until now. He did hold it against the villagers and ninjas for treating the way that they did when he was younger and even now. Although, he never tried to take revenge. His oneechan wouldn't want him to become like that. He loved and respected her too much to go against her will.

"I am sorry, Naruto..." said weakly the Akimichi with an absent look in his eyes.

"...."

People believed that he was simply a fool for still smiling with all that. Although, this time, all his brain was screaming for him to act. To make him bleed, feel the same pain! His eyes were itching him.