Chapter 18 : Assuming Consequences

On the carved faces of the previous hokages, two week later.

"This is such a drag!" Surprisingly screamed Yuki.

She usually refused to say the famous Nara's expression, but she had to say that it explained well her situation. She couldn't predict how this had turned out like this. Yuki may be intelligent but she was surely not able to anticipate what happened recently.

She had graduated early. The face of Neiji when she announced him was priceless. He was happy for her but at the same time he was jealous. Like the *cough* tsundere *cough* he was, he could only answer the least representative thing which did not represented his opinion.

"Good riddance, I will finally be able to be the number one of the class..."

Yuki had laughed at that time and messed up his hair which angered him. She had spent the rest of the day trying to hide from him. A pissed Hyuga was no small feat. Although they ended up going for dangos after Neiji got over it. She knew that he meant well and that he had somehow become a friend of hers. She still trained with him at the Hyuga compound.

What mainly changed was that she more frequently trained with Kakashi. Before, he trained her whenever he had time, but now, he did so twice or thrice a week. He made her routine more difficult. She downplayed her skills. She didn't want to have to explain how she developed them to this extend. Yuki still did amazing at the exercises that Kakashi gave her but she treated them as if it was the first time that she did them. She even used her hiding chakra jutsu to reduced her chakra signature reveling in fact her strength.

Yuki evaluate based on Ita-nii and Shisui-nii's chakra that  her chakra reserve must be equivalent to at least a chunin if not a jonin. It would be suspicious if she displayed such high chakra reserves while she didn't seemed to know most of Kakashi's exercises. She doubted that the copy cat ninja was suspicious of her. Although what was really making her loose her mind was more what came with this.

Since the day that she showed that she could do multicloning, the Hokage and Danzo had assign even more anbus to watched her. She couldn't walk casually in the village without having at least two visible anbus by her sides. Even escaping for ramen had become difficult. This wasn't even the worse. She couldn't meet properly her Uchihas friends, Shisui had to pretend that his little sister was severely ill at the moment. The old grannies in the compound were drowning her big brother with all kinds of special foods. She would sooner or later have to figure out how to return to her Uchiha persona. Her two brother figures had started to send her message warning her that Fugaku was starting to investigate further. This could only mean a future headache.

As she said, it wasn't the worse. What was really making her unable to sleep was Danzo. He was persistently trying to be in her good grace. He seemed to know where she was at any time of the day. Every three days, Danzo showed up to wherever she was to talk with her. The last time, she was at Shikamaru's home enjoying a game of Shogi and he arrived. She still shuddered when she replayed the events in her head.

"Hello, Yuki-chan" he said coming in the Nara household.

For once Shika and her were alone in the house, his mother went out do the weekly groceries. She had felt uncomfortable with his ease to intrude. The Nara heir had felt the same.

"You already learned how to play shogi? As expected of the Fourth Hokage's daughter, as bright as her father and of a Nara.." he had said.

Shika never liked the man, he made him feel wary from what he had said to her. He felt that he needed to offer some form of protection to shield her.

This man was too unpredictable to let down their guard, they both knew it. He insisted to play against Yuki. Shika was behind his friend watching an intense match between the two. Hopefully, Shikaku returned home near the end of the game. None of the children wanted to have to deal with him personally.