Chapter 24 : How It Ends Well...?

A/ N Read it at your own risks😇😈

Three days later, Konohagakure

"Dad, hurry up!" Said a Shikamaru which for once had been a ring very unnara like. He was already ready and well awake. After all, today was a special day. After having to wait two years and a half, he was finally going to be reunited with her! He was so excited that he clearly didn't sleep enough for his brain to work normally. Henceforth, the unusual behaviour. He couldn't wait to see her, it had been so long. While she was away, he felt that a piece of his soul was missing. He became lazier and bored with life than before. Shikamaru found himself imagining what she would say in different situations. He could almost hear her voice.

His dad begrudgingly rolled down from the bed. His mother was ecstatic, her unofficial daughter was coming back! Their family had been beyond happy to learn it two days ago. It had started as a rumour starting from the Hokage's office which was confirmed by Nara clan members part of Anbu Black Opus Corps. Since that, everyone knew that Yuki Namikaze was due to return from her training with the Seinin Tsunade Senju.

Villagers and ninjas alike had been working hard to prepare for her return. Clans were having a war meeting to find a way to be seen in a positive light and create a durable relationship with Yuki while civilians were decorating the village and preparing her most favourite games and foods. It was like a festival was about to happen but in fact they were very far from the next one.

People were simply grateful for her return and it was like this that one could see that the girl was very liked. Even Uchiha members have been seen helping a bit here and there. Everyone would gather to the gates of the village to welcome her.

It had been a real mess to organize this. Clans had been fighting over the orders that they would officially congrats her for coming back to the village in one piece and having learned the Senju hime's way. Violent discussion could be heard from inside the council room.

It was decided after much negotiation that clans that were the nearest Yuki would be first and her significant relationship such as Kakashi Hatake, Asuma Sarutobi and Teuchi from Ichiraku. It ended any ongoing fight on that subject some protested but they would have all the time of the world to get closer to her once she would be back.

After having made his father eat in a hurry his breakfast, the Nara clan head family headed to the gates. A lot of people were already there, the anbus were dealing with the crowd making ways to let clans and people important to Yuki pass. This was so much less troublesome to do this, if not they had to almost sleep there to get these front places.

As they settled themselves to their place, beside Shikamaru was Neiji Hyuga. The Hyuga clan was granted a front place mainly because of him, he too was friend with Yuki. He looked at him head to toes, Shikamaru didn't know what she found interesting in this boy. He was stubborn and had a narrow vision of life. He was a future problem in the making for his clan. All this stuff of main and second branch was such a drag.

Feeling his glare on him, the Hyuga looked at the Nara. A silent face off happened but they quickly break it. It wasn't the time to do that. As he looked more around, he saw the Third Hokage's family along with a child of two-year-old holding a blue scarf in his hand while he was held by a younger version of the Hokage.

Civilians behind him were trying to bicker among themselves to have better places. All the great clans were there even the Uchihas and Kakashi Hatake was there standing beside Danzo Shimura. This troublesome man was also there, the grey hair man seemed ready to neutralize him if he did as much as tried to make a move on Yuki and the same with the Uchiha clan head.

Everyone was there to wait for Yuki to return. Except for this yellow hair kid that he had seen playing alone in the playground and being shunned by the village. They didn't have to wait much longer, a figure emerged from the forest, everyone rejoice in advance. Although, as Shikamaru Nara saw what got out of the Wood, it made him skip a few heart beats.