Chapter 39 : The Akatsuki Strike One

Senju training ground, ten o'clock PM

"I am sorry, it seems that this report took me more time than expected." Said Shikamaru making his way in the big tree where the two Sannins were sat.

Tsunade-sama was drinking sake whereas Jiraya was looking intently at what was happening below them. Shikamaru sat by their side. Sometimes, he still had difficulties believing that he was spending so much time with the last teacher of Yuki.

Nowadays, during his naps, he liked to imagine Yuki on a journey with Tsunade Senju. He saw her having fun before he imagined her death. Before, he never dreamed of that then after his first kill in a mission, he started imagining her death. He didn't sleep well during his short naps now, he started to have a tiny black mark under his eyes.

"It has just really started, you have missed nothing except the fact that Kakashi got his ass handed to him by Ino and Naruto." Said their hokage fully enjoying this.

Shikamaru would have gladly complained but he felt that his security would have been compromised if he did so. Hence, he shut up and observed the ongoing fight.

....

Two hours before, Senju training ground, evening

Ino Yamanaka stretched a bit before looking at the two jonins. With one look to Naruto, they nodded, and they readied themselves.

"Let's start now!" said Tsunade.

As soon as she said so, Ino and Naruto thrown smoke bomb. It distracted the two senseis not expecting this but only for a few seconds, the duo tried to grab the bells at that moment, but their sensei quickly vanished being replaced by a log.

"It will not be so easy." Said Asuma laughing.

Although as soon as they landed on a nearby tree, two kunais was shot at them aiming for their belts. They weren't fooled and jumped aside but at that point, they triggered a trap which caught Kakashi. It stuck the ninja upside down.

Naruto smirked and then tried to take the bell. Although Kakashi sensei tried to use a ration jutsu to make Naruto jump aside him. Ino was ready and knocked the ninja in the ground. As she got nearer, she was hit by a wind Justu of her own sensei.

"Retreat!" she said to Naruto which the two of them shunshined.

....

Sunagakure, meanwhile, the fight of teams Ino& Naru v. Kakashi & Asuma

"She is odd, isn't she?" wondered out loud Deidara.

Sasori could only agree with the blond hair. She was a bit strange but more like mysterious. She was withholding a lot of secrets. The fact that she hides her face was speaking of itself. It meant that her face was known either for a crime or for another reason. He didn't feel that she would sully her hand to the point of endangering her. She was brighter than that, she may be a killer but a wise one.

"Hum.. Maybe but she is useful." Answered the missing nin.

Yumi the Red Shadow, wherever she went blood was shed. It was popular saying among the missing nins. Although, she didn't sound as blood thirsty as he expected. He looked at the sleeping Hidden ninja village. It was so peaceful.

"I just wonder what is her interest in the host of the Ichibi. Do you think that we should try to preserve its body and bring it to her as a gift, dana?" inquired Deidara.

Sasori nodded, it could be that the lineage of the Kazekage interested her. After all, from what he understood, she liked researching and she often ventured into his room to observe his new puppets and to observe how he did them.