Chapter 21 : Wandering Travellers

Nara Compounds, in the Morning

"WHAT!?" Said Shikamaru waking up because he felt Yuki's chakra in his room. He wasn't that much of a great sensor but he had helped Yuki's developed her own sensor skills. He wanted to sleep more and Yuki wasn't forcing him to train earl again.

"What are you saying, Shika?" He asked his dad half asleep going to work.

Shikamaru was confused as he opened his eyes to find no Yuki by his side either asleep or trying to wake him up.

"I am suddenly becoming mad, such a drag... Troublesome woman..." He said before trying to fall back asleep.

Although, he couldn't as he saw something unusual on his desk nearby Yuki's bed. He got up and went to get it.

Dear Shika,

If you are reading this, I am no longer be in the village. I am sorry that I couldn't  explain in person but, as you know, politics are a drag. I shall come back in three years maximum, but don't stress this. Nothing shall happen to me. Don't forget to do our work out and train!

PS:: try not laze around too much

Yuki Namikaze

Shikamaru was speechless. Suddenly, it hit him. A loneliness that he hadn't felt since a long time. DAMN troublesome woman! He dressed up in a hurry to run after his father before he reached the office. He needed some well deserves explanation! If he didn't get it, he shall do something very unNara like and the village will have to deal with the consequences.

.....

Hyuga compound, Neiji's house

Neiji already felt that something wasn't right and he didn't even open one eye. This day was going to be very draining. He felt the chakra of Yuki, it was odd. He jumped out of bed conserving his neutral demeanour in case if Yuki was really there. He found no Namikaze but a letter.

Dear Neiji,

I am sorry to announce to you that I am no longer in the village. I had to quit it for personal reason. I will be travelling for the next three years. During that time, I hope that you will figure out that destiny isn't dictating your life. Keep up your training and we shall duel once more. I cannot wait to see your progress. 

Take care of yourself and don't mind the first branch too much.

Yuki Namikaze

As he red these sentences, a lone tear rolled in his cheeks. His only friend had left the village in the midst of the night to escape something. If he had to guess, he would say because of Danzo. Her desire to keep her friend and family out of it shall be honoured. He will work as hard as he could to develop his clan's jutsus even if it goes against his destiny, he would do it for her.

....

Uchiha compound's border almost at the exit of the village

A black crow went to find Itachi. He had a red ribbon tied to his right leg. It was the crow that he had given to Yuki. He feared that she wouldn't be able to communicate with him properly if she didn't have it. The crow loved Yuki, he wanted nothing more to stay by her side all day long.

He had also tied to his left leg a paper, it was a letter. He read it and he suddenly paled. Since their duel, he had felt bad that a mere six years had to deal with this. He regretted bitterly not to have won this match. If he had, she may have stayed in the village. This was another example of the radicalism of their clan, the worst was that his own father was the principal instigator of this movement. Fugaku Uchiha had started to focus his attention solely on this Yuki Namikaze. She was merely a kid! Ah this made him want to scream, he couldn't sleep at night because of this.