Chapter 48 : Pain, Destruction and Remembering

Mount Myoboku, a few days later

"Did Jiraya really believed that this child could be the one of the prophecy?" said the elder toad looking at Naruto failing in an exercise and being hit by his wife.

"I don't know but maybe he was right after all, not all of them need to be geniuses on paper and learn through the conventional, with time and efforts." Said the Sage toad.

He still recalled the other one which Jiraya-chan believed to be a child of the prophecy. A real genius, a lazy one at that. Completely the opposition from this child before him, he was merely beginning to understand the limitless potential that he had. Although, he had faith in this other student of his student's student. One day, that child and another one would change the ninja world.

....

Many years before, Mount Myoboku, same training ground

"Jiraya-sensei this is boring." Said the small teenager with short red hair making the most impossible posture on the ground bord which she was supposed to hold in equilibrium on a thin pic.

It seemed effortlessly easy for her. The Sannin sighed looking at his own sensei which was in disbelief in front of this brute talent that was Aki.

"This is supposed to be difficult, Gaki." Said the white hair man, sighing deeply.

Whatever he seemed to throw at her, it was as if her body recalled doing it or she goes it in one try.

"Such a pity that it isn't ... I am feeling something odd inside of me." Said the girl.

Suddenly, he felt a huge amount of chakra in his student's body. Aki's eyes became those of a frog with her mangekyou sharing activated.

"Are you alright?" said the sannin literally running at her side.

"Don't Jiraya-Chan, she has mastered the sage mode!?" screamed the older fog not believing what he was seeing.

It was as if the girl had naturally made the energy circulate to activate that mode instinctively.

"She has to be one of the prophesized children." Said the frog speechless.

This child which Jiraya Chan said to have amnesia was certainly a prodigy. It was almost as if she had already done the same process. Although, it was obvious that she had never been at the mountain before. Many years later, the frog would deeply regret learning of her fate.

....

Amekagure, present time, evening

"Naruto's chakra has disappeared from Konohagakure." Said Pain looking intently at Yumi.

The Red Shadow had purposely let Itachi die in front of her. Now it was getting on his nerves that Madara let her kill with Sasuke one of the last Uchiha. What would the old Uchiha patriarch allow her next? He was right from the beginning, she was a wild card which needed to be kept on check.

"Indeed," she said as if nothing had changed since their last discussion.

In her mind, it didn't seem to be regretful to have committed a fratricide, she killed her own brother. Nagato would never be able to have killed either Konan or Yahiko for his dream. It would be with them or he will not do it at all. He was lucky that his family alike followed him in this dream of peace. Not at any cost but still, Yahiko was still with them in the form of the Pains.

"Find me the host of the kyuubi, wherever he may be." Said the leader of the Akatsuki. "Don't forget that I am watching you carefully. It is not normal to kill his own older brother without have regrets. I am no fool, you've never seemed to hold accountable Itachi for the Uchiha massacre. You even had a good relationship with him regardless of that. I don't know why you have killed him but it isn't for revenge that I know." Stated Pain with a cold voice.