Chapter 22 : Unwanted Attention

Two days later, Konohagakure, entrance gate

"Another boring shift..." said Izumi Kamizuki yawning while Kotetsu Hagane agreed.

The village had been in shambles since Yuki Namikaze had left the village with Tsunade Senju. The Uchiha clan and the rest of the village had bicker fiercely on that subject. The poor ninjas and villagers were still remembering the mountain of the past hokages shaking from their arguments.

It discouraged anyone from going as near as the Hokage's office or the council room. There were shouting contests even in the roads, Uchiha members openly bickered with other clans on that matter. The Uchihas claimed that Yuki was in fact a stolen child from the Uchiha. It was pure madness, every other clans were aware of it which only made the matter worse. The villagers were angry at the Uchihas for taking Yuki from them as much as were the anbus and ninjas. She was a bundle of joy which in their minds was meant to be an important ninja in the future if not already the next Hokage, the first female hokage. The duo made their best to stay away from this whole mess.

As they were wondering if they should eat now or wait a bit to eat their lunches, they saw a cloud of smoke coming to them. It moved too quickly to see the origin. However as it reached the entrance, the cloud disappeared. It revealed a grey hair anbu, the killer friend, Kakashi Hatake.

"Hey, Hatake what is up..." started to say Izumi but was quickly shut up by Kotetsu.

The anbu was literally fuming of rage, it was almost tangible. If one look could kill, everyone would be dead right now in the village. He simply nodded before shushing promptly.

"Damn, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of Kakashi's anger..." the two guards shivered at the pressure that the son of White Fangs was emitting.

....

Council room

"Fugaku-san, this is purely insane to say that Yuki is Kushina's and your daughter. It is impossible!" Said once again Shikaku while the Yamaka head sighed. The Akamichi head didn't even dare to eat in the room as usual. He had a grim expression. All clan heads in fact were very concerned with this.

The peace in the village was in peril because of this ridiculous argument. Especially when Yuki had to depart from the village to try to appease the man. Shikaku had no doubts that Fugaku would have gone as far as kidnapping the girl and hold her hostage in the Uchiha Compound. Mikoto was as much in this madness as him. She was almost convinced that Yuki was the daughter that she never had. If even the wise matriarch of the Uchiha clan was in this, he had no hopes to convince Fugaku to see the truth.

"We all know that the Sharingan is a Kekkai genkai that is solely passed in the Uchiha clan, there is no history of an outsider with not a single drop of our blood awakening it. The Uzumaki may almost be considered a founding clan which could have mixed with the Uchiha but their relation long last forgotten in their genetics. She has to be one of ours!" Screamed Fugaku.

"Be reasonable, she is Minato and Kushina's daughter..." try to say once again the Third Hokage but he was interrupted.

The doors were open loudly which made all the head clans look at it. The Hyuga head seemingly scoffed we are back again for more drama, I shall never leave this room before dinner. It revealed Kakashi Hatake. The Anbu looked as if he was about to murder his nemesis. He looked at Danzo with a glare which would have made anyone in the room quiver in surrender. Although, the elder man merely acknowledges his bloodlust and remained calm.

Shikaku had been a silent spectator of the different challenge that life had sent to Kakashi, it was probably the most mad that he had ever seen even after the death of his sensei or teammates or even his father. In these cases, he simply shot down and shunned everyone around him. He made himself suffer for not being able to save them. However, this time, it was different. He was showing it.