Chapter 78: Wedding Preparations and the Akatsuki?

Entrance of Konohagakure, noon

"Come on, Gaara. I believe in you!" he tried to cheer him up, Kankuro.

The Kazekage had no luck so far, he didn't know why it would work now. It was as if the sage rikudo himself didn't want him to succeed in such a simple task.

"Don't be depressed; anyways, it is not as if all the hidden villages didn't know what her answer would be." Reassured her Temari.

"This is such a drag...." Complained Shikamaru Nara meeting the eyes of Temari which blushed immediately. "Why couldn't you do it alone, Sai?"

The unexpressive second in command of Yuki simply gave him a smile. He looked at him as if inspecting him.

"Because I am sure that someone would be very sad not to see you."

The Kazekage felt the presence of people in the shadows. Was it his imagination?

....

New Anbu's headquarters

"Is there any last bets?" asked Kakashi to the anbus gathered in front of him.

The new headquarters was larger than the previous one, it has several cafeterias, training grounds and three well-furnished infirmaries. It could be accessed via the official building outside but also by secret passages hidden in the village.

The Black Opus Anbu being fusionned with the Roots Anbu enlarged their forces and made it complicated at once. But his cute little student had forced them to merge, she literally made them bound by imposing force group therapy.

"Yes, I gamble my collection of missing nin katanas on Gaara!" said an anbu on the railing.

"I bet that you still have one of seven swordsmen of mist's sword if Lady Yuki found out you are dead meat. She has been searching with the last swordsman of the mist for the missing sword." Teased him Tenzo.

"She will not know if I win this bet and I am considering offering it as a wedding gift to her."

A part of Anbus groaned collectively. There was no way that they would lose this bet. The Anbus were completely reorganized and indirectly made them fiercely loyal to their Anbu Commander namely, Yuki.

"Let's not fight on this or else, the Commander will suspect that something is wrong if there is a sudden augmentation of injured people to the hospital..." warned them Kakashi.

Although, soon enough, anbus started getting off the railing and battling among themselves. This was the biggest secret bet of Konoha in all its history, it was quite normal.

....

Konohagakure, Near the dango shop, busy street

"We still have to check if the surroundings of the accommodation of the kages's houses are safe." Ino reminded Yuki having a note pad in her hands.

"Indeed, it would be so much easier if all the guests could stay in the same place each time.... There would be way less incident caused by our guests too and less personal deployed each time to monitor them." Grumbled the Red hair.

She was so cute when she was thinking hard about something. Sasuke Uchiha could only scold himself, there was no way that he could be an obstacle for the happiness of Yuki. Although, at the same time, he realized in their adventure to defeat Toneri that he liked her beyond the state of comrades.

He had to get over it, Yuki was happy with Gaara and he couldn't refuse this to her. She had supported him since day one in his revenge and she was more importantly the older sister of his best friend, brother like.