Chapter 36 : Suspicious Behaviour at the Desert Checkpoint

Exam room, Konohakagure, first round

Neiji hit the wall of the exam once more. It made the sand ninja mad.

"What do you think you are doing!?" Said the Suna ninja.

The Hyuga didn't take time to answer him instead he looked at the other foreign ninjas in the room. The Iwa and the Kiri alongside a Kumo ninja the nearest of him. Then there was the Amegakure ninja. The one that he almost hit hard. As she deviated from his gentle fist, every one of the rookies eleven gasped.

She looked like a female replica of Sasuke Uchiha but with green eyes. If only Sakura was there, she could certify that she was very alike an Uchiha. Although, she passed on her turn to participate, she had no team.

"Each time that you shall hit, I will too." Said Neiji resolved to shut down this arrogant ninja.

He was going to only create more problems. The kunohichi from Ame was smiling at his actions whereas the others were tightening their fist either in annoyance or anticipation that this would end badly.

"Stop fussing around and write down your answers in silence." He heard the voice of Shikamaru in the speakers.

He sat down back at his place and saw her name Yuki Ahichu. Yuki... It had a while since he thought about her. He saw the kind red hair smile at him. No, no, NO! Neiji shouldn't think about her. Being reminded of her through Ino was enough of a suplice like that.

They handed their exam after fifteen minutes. He looked at her, her movement was swift. Alike those of a cat, he may not be an Uchiha but this way of moving reminded him of Sasuke Uchiha and the Uchiha clan. He really needed to shed some lights over that mystery. Naruto would never leave him alone if he didn't at least try to see if she was related to the Uchiha.

....

Outside's of Konoha's exam Hall.

"As I was saying, the ones that marked the name of one of their teammates is eliminated and the other teams that remained a whole pass. So the next task..." started to say Shikamaru.

At that, Yuki smirked, she grabbed her partners quickly and she shushined. As she did so, she saw Neiji looking at her shocked before he started running along tenten and Lee. Then she barely saw the Iwa, Kumo and Kiri doing the same. She let go of the three girls when they were in the middle of the desert.

"What is wrong with you?!" Screamed Ajisai at her.

She didn't register herself what she just said before a few seconds and after seeing the scared expression of her teammates. The young kunohichi immediately covered her mouth.

"I didn't mean that....." She added quickly afterwards become paler by minutes.

Yuki smiled at that. It was refreshing to see their scared expressions, not that she had any intentions of doing them anything. Koran wouldn't let her live even if Pain, Tobi and Itachi tried to make her change her mind.

"The first part of the first round was a written exam and the second part is a race to eliminate teams since most of them passed the first time." The Namikaze explained slowly.

"Oh, that was what he was starting to explain..." said Ajisai.

Suiren nodded alongside Fuyo.

"Indeed. It is a race towards the Demon Desert, luckily for us, I have already been to this place and I have transported us near it, we just have to walk a bit and we will be there." Said the Red Shadow.

Without waiting, she started walking towards the east as the others followed warily. They weren't sure if she would use that opportunity to get rid of them. Sadly, she needed them to appease the worries of Pain.