Chapter 5 : Unexpected Friendship (Part I)

After the bloody night, there was a large-scale ceremony to honour their deaths. Every single family was present at this event. Everyone knew or had decease members in their family, civilian like ninjas had come to grieve together as one. Everyone was especially sad, their Hokage was among the victims.

He was too young and had a bright future ahead of him. The entire village was fond of him and his little family. They cried, remembering that he took time to help old grannies carry their groceries or help with the most mundane task if he could. Also, they smiled a bit while thinking about his wife. She had a bright smile and she was a hardworking girl that never back down when she saw unjust situation or how a formidable mother she was to her only daughter.

In her younger years, she had earned many praise for her ninja skills and how dedicated she was to her husband or her training. Even if she wasn't an active jonin anymore, she went at dawn to work out. Sometimes, she could be seen with Kakashi making sure that he was properly taking care of himself and that he didn't feel too burden by his missions.

Or they saw her enjoying ramen at Ichiraku with her friends gossiping about the news among the clans or how hilarious it was to have seen the feared Uchiha clan play around with her daughter. Then, at last, they had a thought for their daughter.

The hokage had brought the child so that she tells her last goodbye to her parents, but the poor child was too young to understand. She was told that her parents were gone in a far away place which they would never return. Everyone was only crying harder at the idea that this young girl was to live without her parents because they sacrificed themselves for the village, for their children, for the future, for their sakes, they would forever hold then both in high esteem.

The last pure Uzumaki from the Uzushiokagure was dead, it was the end of an era. Soon the senjus too would be extinct if Tsunade-same didn't have any kids, the only major clan remaining would be the Uchihas.

They silently swore to protect this little girl, their legacy at all cost. This child would never feel lonely and they would all make sure of that. Her parents chose to make a selfless decision for them which left their child alone and they would repay this debt to them by taking care of the child for them.

It was the bare minimum that they could do and carry-on the will of fire which burned so brightly in those two exceptional people. The third hokage got out of the ranks formed in front of the newly build memorial for their honour and all those that sacrificed themselves that night

....

One Week Later

Orochimaru was working on a scroll which explained the whole history and techniques of the Uzumaki clan. He was sure to make Kushina forgive him for their small disagreement. To be honest, he may have been a tad jealous of Jiraya and a bit mad that he was yet again cast away for the role of the godfather.

He still couldn't figure out how he wouldn't be a better choice than a hermit pervert that set aside his spy network only job was to write books about porn. Anyways, he understood that the quarrel was entirely one-sided, it was his fault. Kushina couldn't possibly make her husband who was a student of Jiraya give the role of godfather to him when the said white hair man had strongly advised to stay away as far as possible from him to Kushina.

He simply hoped that Tsunade was over her trip to the other end of the world to escape whatever men that she angered but that she couldn't kick their asses for some reason. He wasn't sure that he would get out of their reunion unscathed and he would probably need intensive medical care afterwards. He chuckled at the thought, he had missed Kushina, he had planned to depart today for Konoha, he should be there to meet this little addition to their "family."