Chapter 72 : Yuki's dream and the Uzumaki siblings

Sunagakure, Afternoon

"The envoy of Konohagakure should be here soon." Said Temari looking at the paperwork to fill.

"I have heard that Lord fifth has decided to send someone else." Said Kankuro looking at their elder sister's reaction.

She became all red and started hitting Kankuro. Gaara sighed. He wished that those two would acknowledge already their mutual attraction.

"Oh interesting, we shall welcome this envoy warmly." Said the Kazekage.

As he said this explosion was heard in the village. He jumped off the window vaguely hearing Temari screamed that they just changed the window. His paperwork could be damned, the safety of the village was more important.

....

Entrance of Sungakure

"LET ME LEAVE OR THE KID WILL DIE!" said a rebel holding, of course, a konoha genin by the throat.

Many had yet to officially accept Gaara as their leader. Some older ninjas were reluctant to do so even after the joint Chunin exam, the way that he protected the villagers over his capture by the Akatsuki, and his leadership in the Four Great Ninja war.

"Hn." Said the masked envoy.

The kazekage wanted nothing more than to give him the biggest sigh ever. This rebel had to try to create a diplomatic incident between Konoha and Suna. As much as Konoha was their ally, he didn't want this to be the first impression of this unknown envoy.

"Give him back now." The envoy was unsheathing its katana. This was going to end badly. "I will not repeat myself."

"Never! He shall serve as an example why this alliance shall never work." Said the ninja about to slice the throat of the child.

The envoy ran at the rebel without second thoughts at an unnatural speed. The Kazekage stepped in preventing the two from colliding.

"That is enough, the fact that you oppose me is understandable but not that you try to drag our ally in this." Stated Gaara from above the envoy.

"TCH!" grumbled the suna nin shunshining. He grabbed the envoy with his sand, there was no need to take unnecessary risks.

The envoy was bleeding. The Konoha nin didn't even notice that it was wounded. The person was trying to fight off his sand before giving up. The kage let it down and landed. Temari and Kankuro arrived out of breath. His silbings were cute worrying for him.

"Are you alright? We can provide immediate treatment." He offered to the envoy as he was indicted to a media nin to come forward.

"Don't worry about that." Said the envoy.

This voice was familiar to him. Then blood stopped from dripping.

"With the risk of sounding rude, our Suna specialize in poison, we have to make sure that there was none." Said Temari, ready to argue with the envoy. Kankuro nodded.

"I am perfectly fine, Tsunade-sensei didn't send me without thinking of this possibility." Said the woman.

This seemingly irked his older brother.

"It would be considered more polite to know whom we are talking to before continuing." Stated his brother.

"Very well, but I don't regret it." She said smirking underneath no doubts.

"In the first place, the hood wasn't a good start." Said Kankuro accusingly before shutting up completely.

The envoy took off her hood, revealing a long red hair and a pair of blue eyes. She was smiling but the smile morphed into a smirk at their expressions.