Chapter 30 : Akatsuki's New Member

In the Middle of the Water Land

"So you are the famous, Red Shadow?" Inquired Sasori.

He had been very curious about her since he heard that she was the shadow of Orochimaru. She had one of the highest bounty on her head but the thing was that none could exactly pinpoint what were her crimes. Whenever it was silent and neat killing, people in the shadow world tended to accuse the Red Shadow.

"Nice to meet you too Sasori of the Red sand." She answered.

He was flatter that she knew of him. That meant that Orochimaru had given her a briefing on the members of the Akatsuki.

"You are late!" complained Deidara. The blond hair had probably yet to hear of the Red Shadow. He didn't know that he would quickly get his ass handed to him.

"I am sorry. "She simply repeated. "This is our mission." She said throwing the scroll to Deidara.

The blondie opened it. Sasori would like nothing more than take off this hood and mask. He was sure that this one would surely make a beautiful puppet. It would be a masterpiece.

"We simply have to assassinate the right hand of the daimyo." The Shadow stated.

"Is it going to take long?" Asked Sasori.

"No, it shouldn't be too long, I shall quickly bring you back your partner." Said Yumi.

This made Sasori wonder what he should do in the present time. There wasn't much to do except get back to one of their hideouts and rest. It would be less interesting than this mission.

"Would you mind if I accompany you? I am curious about you..." said Sasori.

Deidara was gobsmacked. Yumi seemed to find this funny.

"I have no problem, it shall prove to be interesting." She said.

"Why do you want to come, Dana? This is just a little minion of Orochimaru!" exploded Deidara.

"You shall learn in time that she is more than that and you'd be wise not to underestimate her."

The three went on their way to do this assassination mission. It would certainly be worth the trouble.

....

Gambling Inn in the land of fire

"I am winning?" Asked herself Tsunade. It was odd. She was the worst luck of the world.

Whenever she won, it meant that something bad was about to happen. She sighed. Since the death of Yuki, she completely refused to return to the village. The death of the last Uzumaki was too much to handle after having lost Nawaki, Dan and Kushina.

"Tsunade-sama!" Said Shizune having tonton in her arms. "You shouldn't gamble that much, we barely escaped the last creditors."

Although instead of a losing so as usual, she even hit the jackpot. Her apprentice was shocked.

"This is bad..."

....

In the castle of the daimyo, two days later

Yuki was in the ceilings of the castle. It was huge for a minor daimyo. She couldn't start to imagine what was the fire daimyo castle like. By her side, Deidara was grumbling and Sasori was fixated on her.

It was such an odd trio. Damn, she really wished that this Tobi would have given her a mission with less eccentric members of the Akatsuki such as Konan or Kisame. Even Hidan would have been better. He would probably have tried to sacrifice her once or thrice to Jashin but it would have been manageable.