Chapter 37 : Roots and Hidden Villages

A/N I have got to admit this took me forever to write this chapter and I don't even know why but here it is! Enjoy

In the middle of the Desert, Team Ino, morning

Ino Yamanaka had been more than surprise to know that Danzo placed the one which made her investigate the Root anbu. Sai from his presentation. His every gesture was screaming Roots. She had observed them enough to be able to tell. Whether they were in civil clothing or in uniform, Ino just knew who was who.

"There is a team this way." Said Sai softly.

Ino and Choji had an agreement on the matter of Sai. If the Root anbu was to pose any threats to them, they prepared countermeasures. It is more likely but Ino was somehow glad to have Sai in their team. It was the results of her snooping. She got what she wanted in the end. Although the question was why? Why now?

"Yes, let's encircle them." Said Ino gesturing to number three.

When they prepared for the exam alongside Sai, it was fluent and not incoherence in their attack combination. It was frightening in her opinion that meant that Danzo had provided a lot of information to Sai but to achieve what?

The team was Suna team. They fought fiercely, these puppets techniques of the kunoichi was really something and her teammates were on an equal level. After a quick attack as she connected the three of them making their reflex sharper and giving them the victory. One suna nin could become invisible and they weren't able to pinpoint where he was attacking. She sighed and looked at the unconscious body of the Suna team. It was some decent fight.

"It is an earth scroll. It is the one that we needed." Said Choji. He grabbed it.

As he did so, Ino immediately readied herself. She knew that something was coming. As if on cue, three unidentified anbus were there before them. They had their tantos unsheathed.

"Who are you and what do you want?" she said losing all of her previously relax state. She meant business.

"We were ordered to eliminate you." Said the ringleader.

What in the sage Rikudo's name was happening?! She looked at Sai. He was fighting alongside them it was odd.

....

Tower in the middle of the Desert, meeting point for the teams after having got their two scrolls

"What do you mean you have seen suspicious shadows?" thundered Gaara.

He looked at his poor jonin. How could nobody do something? If the rebels were striking, it would be rather in bright daylight than in the shadows. Not after having failed their last few attempts using such a method.

"I am sorry, I was sure that it was the rebel but afterwards, we saw them participating in the exam." Mumbled the ninja.

Gaara couldn't believe it. It had been his unlucky day. He would have to deal with unknown forces meddling in the Chunin exam alongside the rebels and that the five hidden villages were participating in it. It would prove to be a difficult position.

"I am leaving now." Said Gaara.

"No, you cannot!" sait Kankuro.

His older brother had proven to be quite the worried one even more than Temari. His sister liked to annoy him a bit but at the same time looked at him like a hawk whereas Kankuro was more directly expressing his worries about him.

"I cannot leave my people fight for me when it is I that they are searching for." He stated.

"Even more reasons to stay put here, we don't even know how they will attack you." Pleaded his brother.