Chapter 33 : A New Rogue and Unexpected Events

A/ N In this chapter, this is not a Sakura bashing but do take note that I do not find the development of Sakura satisfying enough, so I will change the story about her and put more emphasis on Ino. You have been warned, enjoy this chapter! 😉

Outside of the village, noon

"I told you that he wouldn't be coming, we will have to drag him to Orochimaru-sama..." Tayuya said complaining.

Jirobo, Sakon/Ukon, and Kidomaru were sitting on tree branches. They were very irked by this task. They all felt that the Red Shadow was watching them too closely. The four of them had often seen others being killed by the shadow, she may be respected and none question her orders but she was also feared.

"Your mission is to bring back Sasuke Uchiha to this hideout and you can use force if necessary. Although, we need him ALIVE" had said Yumi earlier making them fear for their life.

Keeping their life intact wasn't only fighting other prisoners in a battle royal, it was mostly staying on the good side of the Red Shadow. Only Kabuto still dared to question and to try to harm Yumi, he paid the price often.

It was a wonder that Yumi hadn't killed him. Everyone at the service of Orochimaru believed that the Shadow was in fact planning his painful and slow death. One day they would find his corpse unrecognizable.

"I am here." Stated someone in the shadows.

Everyone turned around facing Sasuke Uchiha standing there.

"Very well, boy, we thought that you would never arrive." Stated Jirobo.

Although as the boy got nearer. Sakon/Ukon stood up.

"You have been followed." He stated.

"It was not my intention, your Red Shadow convinced me." He answered.

The Sound Four were now completely freak out. This was getting even more serious, if Yumi had taken a personal interest in this boy, they were better not screw this up. They would do everything in their power to successfully bring him to Orochimaru, their lives seemed to depend on it.

....

Orochimaru's hideout, meanwhile

"Kabuto, what did you learn about the Red Shadow." A voice boomed into the head of Kabuto Yakushi.

Kabuto despised this control on his person. Sasori of the Red Sand was controlling him like a puppet. The Akatsuki's member was very interested in Yumi. Since their joint mission, he was investigating her.

"Nothing new, every time that she takes off her mask, she activates privacy seals in the hideouts." Answered the medi-nin.

He felt the dissatisfaction of Sasori.

"Oh is that so, then the best moment to learn more about her is when she is at the Akastuki." Thought out loud the missing nin.

"Indeed, it seems my master." Answered Kabuto.

He wanted this exchange to be over as soon as possible. Each time, he feared being discovered by Yumi. If the Red Shadow discovered that he was a spy of Sasori, he would be disposed on the spot. Although, he didn't doubt that she could free him from Sasori's control.

"Continue to report to me the moves of Orochimaru..." stated Sasori breaking the connection.

....

Konohagakure, Haruno's household, start of the afternoon

"Sakura, we are going out. See you later." Said Mebuki Haruno