Chapter 76 : The Darkness of Naruto and Sasuke's dilemma

Two years ago, Orochimaru's hideout

"Why are you so much fixated with the Red Shadow? Don't you hold dear your life? You don't plan on taking your revenge on your brother?" inquired Suigetsu stuck into his tank.

Sasuke Uchiha looked at him blankly. People often asked him that. Each time, he would answer that he didn't fear the Red Shadow. She was the one who convinced him that seeking her tutelage and the one of Orochimaru was at his advantage.

"She is the strongest and I aspire to make full use of her teachings." Simply answered Sasuke.

This was indeed his objective but recently, he felt that something had changed. He was the first to recognize the strengthen of the Red Shadow. Although, his interest in Yumi morphed into obsession. He was oversensitive about her moves. He started observing her and making sure that no one was bothering her.

"Yeah but you have become obsessed with her...." Trailed Suigetsu bracing for the incoming made rage of Sasuke.

Although, it was just the truth. He disliked when she was off to deal with business for Orochimaru, especially when she went to spy on the Akatsuki. Itachi was better to leave her alone. He would have preferred if Yumi could always stay by his side. He yearned to get stronger and to monopolize her attention. He couldn't really explain why.

"SASUKE-SAMA, THE PRISONERS ARE ESCAPING FROM THE HIDEOUT UNDER KARIN UZUMAKI!" boomed a random subordinate of Orochimaru.

It was time to get to work. It was a good timing, he wanted to test out the new jutsu that Yumi taught him. He had this mad smirk.

......

Moon temple, present

"Neechan!" screamed Naruto regardless of the threat that they were facing. Naruto would never change, it seems.

"As if I'd sat behind my desk and do nothing." Smirked Yuki, it was simply adorable in his opinion.

Even after four years of have closely worked with the Red Shadow, Sasuke was still fascinated by her. He felt that the mystery of Yuki Uzumaki would never completely be solved.

"Yuki-san!" said Hinata literally beaming at the sight of the Red hair.

Naruto and Hinata did really match each other well. It was fortunate that the two decided to get together. They were only at the beginning of their relations. Whereas his story with Yuki was already over.

"Glad to see that my presence is brightening your mood on this dire situation." Sarcastically said the Uzumaki.

Oh, he did miss his chance. He realized during this year and a half away from Konohagakure, his friends and Yuki that his infatuation with the Red Shadow wasn't driven only by his thirst for power and revenge.

"Oh, Sasuke!" grinned Naruto which just acknowledged him. "You came?"

"Of course... Hn" simply answered the Uchiha not letting his only visible eye off Yuki.

Destiny did do a trick on him. He was so pathetic after being the subject of so many girl's attention. Now he couldn't manage to get the one that really mattered.

....

Konohagkure, Evening, Meanwhile

"NO! If they do fail, we will wait until the last moment to launch any destructive jutsu!" bitterly said the usual composed kazekage, himself, hitting the table. The poor thing shattered once more shocking the kages and their assistants and secretaries.