Chapter 10: Part 1: Hatred

Warning: self-hatred involved

Listen to the song up at the top while reading the middle of the chappy.

It's called Hate me by blue october I think you'll know when to play it.

Enjoy reading.

—————————————————————-

There's nobody here but me and my reflection. I don't know which I hate the most

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sam?" I repeated louder.

"Hey Liz. I'm glad that I found you," he ran a hand through his brown hair as he smiled at me.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "You were looking for me?" I asked keeping the excitement at bay.

"Well yeah. Kinda, I mean it's hard to explain and I don't really have that much time, but I wanted to talk to you," he said and we ended up walking back to the bleachers. "It somehow never came up, but" we sat down, "I attend the school a town away from here." I didn't know why, but I felt disappointed. There was the possibility, but he never mentioned it so...

"Oh, you're right. We never talked about it." I've taken it for granted that we go to the same high school. "So why were you there the night we met?"

"Well, I like football and I'm playing myself. So I thought I could watch your team play to know what I've gotten myself into. And what I'll have to handle," he said, his beautiful grey eyes boring into mine.

"And what about football practice? Or are you so good that you don't need it?" I joked with a smile.

"Well, I'm the Coach's favorite. So I think he'll keep the shouting to a limit," he flashed me a cheeky smile. I gave him a half-smile.

Of course did I feel honored that he risked to get his ass kicked by his Coach just to make things clear for me, but I felt bad too. I mean I didn't want him to get into trouble, because of me.

"Well, I don't want to keep you from practice," I admitted with a frown.

"Nah, it's okay. It was my choice to come here. So you aren't at fault," he said, still smiling. That made me relax a little.

There was this moment where we didn't say anything for a couple of minutes, I stared into his eyes and he stared right back into mine. We just sat there smiling at each other.

Then something flashed through my mind. "What about your jacket?" I asked quietly.

He chuckled and waved it away. "Please. I have tons of them." Did that mean I could keep it? But before I could asked he changed to the next topic.

"Are you always watching them practice?" he asked as he looked out at the field. I followed his gaze. "You really must love football," he chuckled and looked at me again. "Or you are just a great friend," I tore my gaze away from the field and stared at him. That statement somehow made me blush.

I shrugged and looked down at my converse, making my hair fall like a curtain around my face and hiding my flushed cheeks. "Liz, I..." he trailed off. I looked up again. He scratched the back of his neck. "I was wondering if..." he trailed off nervously. I bit my lip to keep from grinning. He looked adorable. It was clearly uncomfortable for him to be in that situation. His gaze was everywhere but me.

"Is it possible that you give me your number?" he asked, gazing at me while smiling nervously.

I frowned and bit my lip once again. Should I? I mean he practically is a stranger. "Why?"