Chapter 6: After Effects

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning Elizabeth. What do you want for breakfast?" Miranda asked me as I came downstairs. Logan's mom knows me actually pretty well. Since Logan and I are friends we'd often hang out at his place. So Miranda became somewhat like a second mother to me. 

I shook my head. "Nothing thanks I'm good." I said while I made my way to the kitchen counter. Although my head was pounding with a little headache, I was actually feeling alright after the incident with Ryan yesterday. 

"Elizabeth breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You can't just skip it." She took a orange juice carton out of the fridge and poured me a glass. I thanked her and leaned against the kitchen counter. 

"I'll just grab an apple then." I took a sip. 

"Okay. Better than nothing, I guess. Is Logan still sleeping?" I nodded and in that moment a sleepy Logan appeared downstairs. "Hey good morning honey. We were just talking about you." She smiled at her son.

"Morning mom." He walked to Miranda and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I smiled. I was really glad that Logan got better after the death of his father. He had died not long after I became friends with Logan. It was a hard time for him and I tried to be there for Logan as much as I could. His dad had died, because of a car crash. It was after he drove home from work. He had to work a night shift and somehow fell asleep while driving.  

He walked to the refrigerator and searched for something (food I guess). He ran a hand through his almost black hair which stood up in all angles. "How was the party yesterday?" Miranda asked as she washed some strawberries under the tap. She turned around to look at me. I faked a smile. "It was cool." Oh you mean besides the thing with the drink and Ryan licking at you and Logan punching him? My conscience had to pipe in of course. Miranda's eyes suddenly widened as she looked at my neck. 

I stared at her, confused. "Well I'm glad you had a great time." She said, her eyes not leaving my neck. Logan who was obviously as confused as I was, spoke up. "Mom is everything okay?" Miranda looked at her son and smiled up at him. "Sure." She nodded. 

Still confused I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and studied the right side of my neck. My eyes widened. Seriously? 

"You've got to be kidding me." I said maybe louder than I thought looking at the ceiling. I ones again looked into the mirror. Someone knocked at the door and came in as the someone realized I didn't lock it. Logan appeared and I desperately looked at him. "I have a hickey." I turned to the mirror again. Although it wasn't really big you could clearly see the mark if you kept looking at it. I didn't think that Ryan had enough time to do THIS. But obviously  it was more than enough. I looked at Logan again. He just stood there staring at the wall in front of him. Fists clenched. Lips in a tight line. By the look of him I could say that he was beyond pissed. 

"I'm gonna kill him." 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

After I calmed Logan down we watched TV in the living room. Not wanting to get rid of Logan's comfortable clothes I just changed into my high wasted skinny jeans and kept the shirt on. My phone buzzed and I fished it out of my back pocket to take the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Liz honey. I hope I didn't wake you." Mom said in a sweet tone.

"Nah." I played with the hem of Logan's oversized shirt.