Chapter 31: Crazy Bitch

Cute little pic ^^

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. ~Nelson Mandela

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please, it could help him."

"I'm sorry, Alex is a nice boy, but I don't think it will be good for her to see him in this condition," my mom replied to the woman gently. They caught my full attention the moment they said his name.

"Mommy, can I go play with Alex?" I asked her as I watched them from my place in the doorway. The woman who had been talking about Alex looked at mom pleadingly.

Mommy sighed. "I don't think that's such a good idea, sweetie," she answered me.

"Margaret, please," the woman begged, but was ignored.

"Why not?" I asked my mom. "I haven't seen him in so long."

"Because Alex is sick, sweetie."

The woman stepped forward. "But you might be able to help him get well again, Bee." Who was this woman? And how did she know my name?

"Excuse me!" Mommy snapped at the woman for talking to me. I don't like it when Mommy gets loud.

"I know you are only trying to protect your child, but I'm trying to do the same."

"I want to help you, really, and I'm sorry for your loss, but I don't want to traumatize her."

The woman looked like she was about to cry. I don't like it when people cry. "Who are you?"

She looked at me with a sad smile. "I'm Alex' aunt Rachel."

"Mommy," I tugged at her hand. "I want to go to Alex."

I blinked and was suddenly in a hospital room. My eyes widened as I took in the sleeping form on the bed. "Alex!" I rushed up to him and frowned at all the tubes. "Alex?" I grasped his arm and shook him. "Alex, wake up." He didn't.

"Careful, sweetheart," said a man from behind me. I looked back and rushed to my dad who was standing next to him. I grabbed his hand and hid behind his body as the man talked to me. I didn't know him. "He is in a deep sleep."

"How long has he been like that, Marcus?" dad asked.

The man, Marcus, sighed. "For too long." He looked teary eyed.

"Please wake him so we can play."

The man crouched in front of me. "I'm sorry, sweetheart, but he needs to wake up on his own."

I nodded. "Oh, okay." It should be easy enough. After napping I always wake up so I'll just wait. I walked back to my best friend and climbed on the bed before lying down next to him. I grabbed his small hand with my tiny one. "Alex," I whispered. "Wake up soon so we can play again. Please."

\\\\\

I got up and made myself ready with one thought in mind after waking up. I had to figure out who this Alex kid was. It couldn't be insignificant that he invaded my dreams. It must mean something, I thought as I brushed my hair and put it up in a messy bun. And I was determined to figure out what it was. It felt like my mind was playing tricks on me with all these dreams about him.

I looked at the clock and sighed while getting dressed. I had half an hour before the guys would come over for breakfast. I grabbed my phone on the way out of my room and walked downstairs. I dialed Jo's number and placed my phone against my ear while starting up the coffee machine. After a minute it went to voice mail and I hung up. I sighed and went to work on the pancake batter. Honestly, we should eat breakfast at one of their houses soon. In the beginning we would alternate, but after Jack burned all of the food we somehow always ended up at my place.