Chapter 25: People Are Idiots

Make sure you read chapter 24 before reading on.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted her to believe me that I meant it when I said that I'll protect her, because I will. No matter what, I will protect her. ~Ryan A. Johnson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stayed there for what felt like hours afterwards. Silence our only company. "Ryan?"

He hummed.

"What am I doing?"

"Living."

Either he squeezed my hand or I squeezed his hand, I couldn't tell. And honestly I didn't care. The act alone counted. "It's the first time I said it out loud."

"What is?"

I gulped. "That people hate me."

This time I was sure that he gave my hand a squeeze. "People are idiots. They don't even know you. Don't listen to all the shit that comes out of their mouth, it means nothing."

A breath escaped my lips, something close to a sigh. "The team didn't seem very welcoming either. I know that they don't want me here. So, what am I doing?"

"If they don't accept your help, stop trying. The season just started. They will see soon enough that we need you."

"I really hope you are right," I whispered.

Squeeze.

"I know I'm right. Trust me."

"I do."

Squeeze.

"Thank you."

"For trusting you?"

"Just... thank you. For being you."

I turned my head to look at him. What mask was I showing now? I didn't know. But he didn't truly know me either.

"Can you take me home?"

He sat up, propping his hand up his knee. "Sure." I mirrored his actions. "And Bee." I turned to look at him. "There will always be people wanting to hurt you, but the ones that count are those willing to patch you up again." He took both my hands and helped me stand. "Never forget that."

I felt the beating of my heart against my rib cage as I got on my tiptoes and planted a kiss on his cheek before wrapping my arms around him. "Never," I promised.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys *waves animatedly*

So, I know this is really short, but it's necessary.... and to be honest it is kinda cute, isn't it? Yeah, it is.

I didn't actually plan to make this one chapter, but to put it into the upcoming one, but then I thought you know what, I don't care it deserves to be it's own little chappy.

Also, the next chapter should be up in a few days. It's almost complete. *winks* So, watch out for that update.

Please comment/vote?

Hugs and kisses

Kathy