Chapter 4: Guys, Games And Jackets

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To succeed you need to find something to hold on to. Something to motivate you. Something to inspire you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After taking a shower, I went to my closet and grabbed the black high waisted pair of jeans, the cropped shirt and my combat boots out. I put it on and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had the feeling I forgot something. Right the bracelets. My phone buzzed on my nightstand. After I put the bracelets on I grabbed my phone and unlocked the screen.

And don't forget to put some mascara on (; -Jo

I smiled to myself. Although I didn't really like make up I did like I was told. I usually didn't wear make up. 'Cause it kinda makes me feel really uncomfortable. Jo bought me the mascara a few months ago and of course also taught me how to put it on.

As I looked into the mirror again I studied my features.The mascara made my small, brown eyes pop out a little. My brown hair fell down in natural waves. Although I don't really like turtle neck's the shirt looked good because it was cropped. There was a small line of skin visible which neither my top nor the high waisted jeans covered. My combat boots fitted perfectly into the style and I was actually relieved that Jo didn't insisted me to wear heels.

After I took my phone, I headed downstairs were my dad was already waiting for me. I had asked him earlier if he could give me a ride. "You ready?" He asked as he looked at me from head to toe. "Sure." I chuckled. My dad wasn't really used to seeing me like this. And I could somehow feel that he is going to talk to me about watching out for myself and stuff. Such a cliché dad move.

He grabbed his car keys and I grabbed my black leather jacket. Yeah Jo didn't have to tell me that it would look good with the outfit I was wearing. I figured it out myself. Besides I actually liked the jacket.

"Don't forget that I'll sleep over at Logan's tonight." I informed him as we got into his car. "You know Liz, I might be old, but I'm not that old. You told me the exact same thing half an hour ago." Right.

"I just wanted to remind you again Dad." I smiled innocently at him. He nodded and chuckled. "Sure. Whatever you say honey." Then he started the car and we drove off.

/////////

I was sitting on one of the bleachers trying not to freeze to death as someone approached me. "Hey are you okay?" A guy asked as he took the seat next to me. I nodded. "Yeah. I'm go-o-o-od." My teeth cluttered from the cold. He nodded slowly in suspicion. I sighed. "Actually I'm a bit cold." My teeth cluttered again.

"Really? I didn't notice." I chuckled. I was sitting there, knees touching my chin, arms wrapped around my legs. "I am Sam." He extended his hand towards me. I studied Sam's features for a second. He had a strong jawline. He didn't have a tanned skin, but rather was pale. His decent grey eyes were beautiful and his lips were a light shade of pink. Not to forget that he had a big smile plastered on his handsome face.

I took his hand. "Liz." I said, a shiver running down my spine. His hands were so soft and warm that I almost didn't want to let go. "So Liz." He cleared his throat after we both let go. "I'm curious, why are you sitting here? Freezing your ass off?" He asked an eyebrow raised.

"Erm... my friends are playing. So..." I trailed off. He nodded. "You?"

"Same." He smiled. I was still sitting in the position from before, trying to hug myself even tighter to stop shivering from the freezing cold, as Sam stood up. He was dressed in blue jeans, a white button point shirt and a blue white varsity jacket. He took his jacket off, muscles flexing as he did. He was definitely fit.