Chapter 13: Story Time

Hope you love this chappy as much as I do

And check out Imagine Dragon's song Dream. My favorite song at the moment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear beauty, try not to regret all you have left behind you, for you are destined to a better fate. Only do not let yourself be deceived by appearances -Beauty and the Beast

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Elizabeth Beatrice Hope Graham!" my Mom shrieked, standing in the doorway. "What do you think you are doing?" 

My eyes widened. "Mom!" I jolted my head upwards, startled, colliding with Ryan's skull. "Ow." I said, rubbing my temple. There was also an "ouch" heard from Ryan. I pushed him off me and backed away. "Mom, it's not what it looks like." 

"Oh, really? And what were you two doing?" she was standing there, her hands on her hips, looking at me expectantly. Almost daringly. I blushed furiously. 

"Erm..." I looked at Ryan. What were we doing? I kind of had the urge to slap myself. What the hell was going on with me? This was Ryan. The asshole. The player. I almost kissed the man whore of the school. What had gotten into me? "Erm..." I looked back at mom. "Erm..." She raised her eyebrows at me. "Nothing." 

She gave me a disbelieving look. "Nothing," she repeated. "Okay. You two. Downstairs. Now." She walked away. I groaned and face-palmed myself. How could I explain mom that there was nothing going on between me and Ryan although she saw him basically sitting on top of me, almost kissing me. I sighed and ran a hand over my face. "Okay." I stood up and walked to my iPod, just realizing that it was still turned on.

 I turned it off and grabbed my knit cardigan. "You coming?" I asked over my shoulder. He was still sitting on my bed, an odd look on his face. He was staring at the floor with furrowed brows. "Ryan?" His head shot up. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. What was going on? "You okay there?" He cleared his throat. 

"Yeah sure, what did you say?" I narrowed my eyes at him and walked towards him, taking a seat on the floor two feet away from him.  He looked down at me. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, softly. 

He shook his head. "Nothing," he answered with a chuckle. A forced chuckle. 

"I don't believe you," I stated, now sitting criss-cross on the floor. "Tell me what's going on," I demanded. Surely it couldn't be about the almost kiss. Right? And then it hit me again. The almost kiss. WE ALMOST KISSED!!! What had gotten into me? I almost shared my first kiss with Ryan. RYAN! And there it was again the urge to slap myself.

 Kissing was something people did when they liked each other. And that wasn't the case with him. I mean, we weren't even friends. So why would I kiss him?That didn't make any sense. Ugh. My stomach churned at the thought of kissing somebody. It was a mixture of nervousness and anxiety. But why was I feeling it now after it almost happened and not before? Yep it was official: I was weird. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but Mom beat him to it. "Elizabeth come down here this instant!" she called from downstairs. I sighed and cursed under my breath. Shit, she called me Elizabeth. Which meant I was in trouble. 

Ryan stood up and extended a hand towards me. "Come on. We should get going." I took his hand and he pulled me up. "Woah, what's that!?" he asked grabbing my elbow. And sure enough there was a deep scratch from my elbow to my forearm.