Chapter 10: Part 2: Teaching Sessions

--------------------------------------------------

Some of the best moments in life come from doing things that scare you the most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet.

That was the first word that came to my mind. I was right. There was a sweet side to Ryan. I saw it. It was really sweet of him to comfort me even after I had pushed him away several times. Although, I guess, nobody can just stand there and let someone cry in front of you without wanting to help. At least I couldn't. Even if it would be my worst enemy.

But I think, that, after all that Ryan had done today and yesterday, that he had that wall built up around him. To give everyone this perfect illusion that he was this bad person. But there were cracks in his massive wall and sometimes he allowed someone to see inside. Through the cracks. Through his facade. And show that person who he really was. What he really felt. That he was a good person after all.

We were sitting on my couch, one ear bud in my left ear the other in Ryan's right ear. He thought that it was a good idea for me to calm down. But I clearly didn't want to sit beside him, listening to music while he was right next to me staring at a spot on the wall. Or worse staring at me. It felt selfish and wrong not to share my music. So I had told him that I was going to show him a few bands I liked. And I think he was quite grateful for my offer.

So here we were, sitting on my brown, L-formed leather couch, listening to ALL TIME LOW. "Is this your favorite band?" he asked, looking ahead.

I pulled my knees up my chest and nodded. "Yeah, one of many, how do you know?" I knitted my eyebrows.

"Sullivan's class," he simply stated. "Don't you remember, Elizabeth?" he emphasized my name. I jerked my head up and looked at him. He smirked down at me.

"Okay, so you successfully figured my name out."I applauded him. He chuckled.

"I guess. Miss... what was your surname again?"

I extended my hand. "I'm Elizabeth Beatrice Hope Graham. Nice to meet you." I said, shaking his hand. He chuckled.

"The pleasure-" he was cut off by his phone. He held his left index finger up, telling me to wait, my hand still in his. He lifted his butt up and grabbed his phone out of the back pocket of his jeans. He unlocked it and read the text message. "It's Drake. Asking if we want to hang out with him and the others."

"The others?" I frowned.

"Oh you know, Tyler, his new chick and... well that's about it, I guess. Maybe a few others," he said, looking up at me. I nodded looking ahead. "So, what do you say? Do you want to go? We don't have to, if you don't want to," he reassured me.

I bit my bottom lip. Well, I didn't really want to, but it would have been really selfish, because I knew that he wanted to go. I was still tired and the fact that I cried didn't really help either. He gave my hand a squeeze. I didn't even notice that he was still holding my hand. It seemed like he warmed my whole body when we hugged so that I don't feel his warmth anymore. "Hey, we really don't have to go. We could order something and stay here if you're too tired."

I smiled at him. That'd be great actually, but... "Nah it's okay. We can go. It's just..." I trailed off.

"What?" he frowned.

"I'm just tired that's all."

"Well we don't have to go right away. We could stay here for a while and rest before we go," he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.