Chapter 21: The Breakfast Club

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Carrillo_Lizzie for supporting LiL. Reading and voting and commenting and just everything. Thank you so much. Much love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes the person who tries to keep everyone happy is the most lonely person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking early on a Sunday morning was pure torture. I shot up in bed as the sound of the doorbell rang through the house. I had no idea what the time was, but it felt early. Or rather I wanted it to be early so I could catch up on my nine hours of sleep.

Where was my family? Couldn't mom just open the door? I was positive that she was up already, but was she out, doing her workout thingy? Shit. I realized that I had to open the door quite obviously. Tori and Nate could be at his parents house or somewhere else. I wasn't quite sure and frankly I didn't really care. Dad? Could be for a run.

Grudgingly, I got up when the doorbell rang a second time. Seriously, why did we even have a doorbell? My eyes were hazy from sleep as I stumbled downstairs. "I'm coming!" I yelled, ending with a yawn. I was full on squinting at the clock in the hall, focusing on the numbers. It was freaking ten. I ran a hand through my hair. Who was at the door at ten a.m. on a Sunday?

My friends would be coming at around eleven for our traditional 'breakfast' meet up. I opened the door, eyes half open. I was squinting as my eyes adapted to the daylight. When my gaze locked onto his I let out a yawn. "Ryan," I rubbed at my eyes. "What are you doing here so freaking early?" I sighed, frustration lacing my voice, as I ran a hand through my hair.

He didn't answer me, instead he openly stared at me, his eyes slowly moving from my face to my middle and down my legs. I looked at him in confusion, why was he-

My eyes widened as I looked at my legs, my naked legs. Oh shit. When I got home last night I only changed out of my jeans, leaving me in an oversized t-shirt. The shirt reached my mid thigh, exposing my pale, flabby skin. I shrieked as I noticed my appearance and shut the door closed with a loud thud. Embarrassment tinged my cheeks pink. "What the fuck are you doing here!?" I yelled, leaning against the door.

It took him a moment to respond. "Breakfast with your friends?" he said, but it came out as a question. Ryan nearly sounded insecure, unsure of himself. Well, that was a first. Apparently, I caught him off guard.

I wouldn't even ask how he knew about it. At this point wondering how Ryan knew about secretive things was a waste of time. "They won't be here until eleven!"

"Okay, then. I'll just go and come back later." Came his muffled reply. And although I couldn't understand him clearly I was quite sure his voice sounded different than normal, hesitant and uncertain. It made me think about yesterday or rather today, I mean this morning. When he had told me about his dad it honestly shocked me a little. I hadn't expected that in the slightest.

Well, I guess you never really know a person until you get to know them. The stories he had told me about the constellations and the fact that his dad always used to spent time telling him about them, made me wonder why he shared them with me. Because although something this privat shouldn't make me feel special, it did. Just like his smile it felt like it was a secret between the two of us.

"Wait!" I sighed, already regretting my next words. "You could come in and help me get everything ready just... let me get dressed first, okay?"

"Okay."