Chapter 59: Panic

DOUBLE UPDATE!! Make sure to read both chapters! 

Why am I so generous you ask? I wanted to get chapter 60 out today, you will see why later. Also, I still feel horrible for leaving you guys hanging for two months so thank my guilty mind. 

Also, I'm dedicating this chapter to knightsrachel because the book mentioned below was one of hers. Can you guess which one?

We are about to delve into the revelation of a secret you've all been waiting for. 

Happy reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A trigger is the connection between the conscious mind and a buried painful memory. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to see you

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Before it had the chance to fully unfold, my phone buzzed again in my hands and another message popped up, then another and another until it was a stream of text messages.

Like right now

I miss you like crazy

I'm going insane

Please tell me you're free after school

I'll pick you up and buy you dinner

All you have to say is yes

Please?

Pretty please?

With a full on goofy grin etched into my features my thumbs danced over the keys.

I miss you too but I can't after school

Unfortunately, due to Mr. Sullivan and Ms. Quinn my day wouldn't end before six pm. Weeks ago our literature teacher had had the great afflatus to cover Shakespear in addition to our individual partner projects. Four days ago we partnered up with the drama class. To, guess what? Perform the most romantically cheesy and well-known play of all time.

Romeo and Juliet.

Oh dear God, kill me already.

Today was the first rehearsal. Mercifully, for all those good souls that couldn't act for the life of them the teachers-God bless their souls-gave them a different option. Lots of backstage work, including painting the scenery.

All of us aforementioned untalented souls hence were currently situated in the art room, painting props. Yours truly was occupied with changing a sword from wood to metal as I sneaked a glance at my phone that had buzzed the first time in over two hours. Determined to finish the section I was working on, I dipped my brush into the silver paint again and ignored my phone for the brief moment that I was running the brush over the wood over and over again until it was covered thoroughly in silvery gray.

Please I need to see you I'm going crazy

I sighed and wiped my hands on a rug before typing back.

I'm stuck in school till late

I'd seen my boyfriend two days ago when I was over at his house for the extended dinner invitation. Shauna apologized profusely and made sure to tell me how much she regretted acting so impulsively. Of course, I forgave her, even though there wasn't much to forgive. She'd just been worried for her son's life and had gone into protector mode.