Chapter 28: A Secret Confession?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't just sit there and put everybody's lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love- The perks of being a wallflower, Stephen Chbosky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fell back into my seat, speechless. Shit, Logan would flip! I groaned while running a hand down my face. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Ryan, please, stop the car."

"What?!" he asked confused.

"You heard right, stop the car!" He gave me a perplexed look before pulling over. And a second later Logan did the same. "Here we go," I muttered under my breath, readying myself before exiting the car.

"Bee, what is going on?"

"What the hell, Liz?!" Logan was storming towards me, the most furious look on his face I had ever seen. "Are you out of your fucking mind?!"

Ryan appeared at my side just as Logan reached me. "Hey, what is your damn problem, dude?! Leave her alone!" Ryan placed his hand on Logan's shoulder to keep some distance between us.

Logan's jaw was clenched as he stared at him with a look that said he was ready to kill before he pushed his hand away. "Fuck off! This is non of your damn business, Johnson! Just stay out of this!"

I could almost feel Ryan's anger as he clenched his hands into fists at his sides. I touched his arm, ripping him from the staredown he and Logan had been sucked into. He relaxed a little when I gave him a small smile. "It's okay. You can go if you want. Logan is right, it's something between the two of us."

He was seemingly conflicted as he shook his head. "I'll wait in the car," he muttered before he was gone.

Sighing, I turned to a still fuming Logan. "What the hell has gotten into you?! Are you crazy?! Do you know how badly you could have hurt yourself, Liz?!" I didn't dare speak, instead I just waited. I knew that he was focusing on his anger right now, so the fear couldn't take over. "Do you even realize what could have happened to you?! Gosh, Liz since when are you so reckless?! Do you even know the danger your actions could have caused you?! You could have died, Liz! You could have died, do you realize that?!"

I stepped closer before wrapping my arms around him. "I'm sorry." He tensed before he embraced me and relaxed. Cars, car accidents to be more specific were a touchy subject when it came to my best friend. Ever since his dad had died in one, the possibility of an accident was glued to the back of his mind when driving. At first he refused to drive all together and didn't care much for his driver's license. He was deeply traumatized by his father's sudden death.

He buried his face in the crook of my neck, clutching me tighter to him. "Just...don't do that ever again. You scared me."

I rubbed his back in circles, comforting him. "I know. I promise." Once Logan had decided to give driving a chance it freaked him out. He used to be all panicky when just starting the car.

"He died, Liz. And you could have died just like him." I felt the wetness on my neck, that was the only thing that gave away that he was crying. Instead of saying something I hugged him tighter, because God knew I couldn't say anything that would make him feel better. He had lost his father, there was no way you could sugarcoat that.

"Would you feel better if I drove with you the rest of the way?"

He nodded into my neck. Good, because there was no way I would leave him like that.