Chapter 26: Grow A Pair

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody~Robby Novak

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the course of the week the notes I had taken of the team started to lose their meaning. I tried to talk to some of the players and make appointments, but they wouldn't listen and only ignored me. I felt rejected every time.

The only positive part of my week was Sam. He got me through it all. We had meet ups on several different occasions throughout the week. I really enjoyed his company. He was easy and nice while everything else was complicated and strange. He made it better, lighter somehow. "Sam, I'd love to meet today, but I think both of us are busy," I said with a smile as I shouldered my way through the crowded hallway.

"I know, but how about we meet after the game?"

"I don't know, it's not a home game so coming back will take some time," I said, pushing through the door to the cafeteria.

"Well either way keep me updated okay?"

I smiled as I approached our lunch table. Yes, I was sitting at our usual table again. And Ryan surprisingly continued to sit with us. "Okay, I'll text you soon." The guys minus Drake and Ryan were already seated when I reached the table.

"Promise?" he asked. His tone of voice sounded too adorable for his own good.

I let out a laugh and sat down. "No promises."

"Hey!" I could just imagine him pout.

"I was just joking, of course I promise," I said with a smile.

My friends shot me curious looks. "Who's that?"

I held up my finger telling them to wait. "Oh, honey you better will text me otherwise I'll spam your inbox."

I chuckled. "Oh no, I'm so scared."

Tony leaned over to listen in on our conversation. I glared at him before moving away. "Who is that? Is it Jo? Hey, Jo!" he yelled, trying to come close again. I pressed my palm against his chest preventing him to come any nearer.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked into the phone.

"Who was that?"

"Er, just one of my loony friends," I explained, playfully.

"Hey! Take that back!" Tony shrieked and reached for my phone. When I moved my arm away he grabbed my wrist and forced it to his mouth. "I'm not a loon, Lizzy here is just being mean!"

I pushed him away and pressed my phone to my ear again. "Right. Okay, he's not a loon, but he is nosy as fuck."

Sam on the other end laughed. "Okay, well I should probably leave you to eat lunch."

"Yeah, okay."

"Okay, bye. And text me!"

"Yes, I'll text you. Bye." I hung up, still smiling.

I realized that it was silent and looked up just to be greeted with curious and also smug looks from my friends. I sighed. "What?"

"Elizabeth Beatrice Hope Graham would you like to tell us something?" Jack asked with a smile, arms crossed over his chest.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No?" I trailed off, for some reason unsure.

"So, who were you talking to?" Liam asked.