Chapter 34: Part 1: Red Roses & Anxiety

I'm dedicating this Chapter to Jasmine for all her awesome support on this story. It's been, I think, one year since she stopped by to read LiL and hasn't stopped reading even though updates aren't as frequent as everyone including me would like. 

Girl, you are awesome.

This is for you.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Vodka is cheaper 

Than dinner for two

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week went down as followed. School. Trying to figure out what to do with the team and how to settle their disputes. Getting a headache, because fucking hell I couldn't figure it out. Sometimes hanging out with Courtney and Sophie. Interacting with Jo. Afterwards always ending up missing her. Not being able to sleep, because I was thinking about the moment that went down some days ago with Ryan and feeling anxious to see Sam on Saturday.

That was basically my agenda for the week plus homework and school stuff.

My life wasn't exactly fun right now.

I was finding myself on edge a lot of times and just plain nervous at other moments. Everything was just complicated at this point of my life.

I didn't even have the time to think about Alex anymore. My life just felt so out of hand at the moment. It was one big bundle of... of problems and situations that just brought me to tears. Everything was getting too much for me.

Saturday rolled around and I didn't find myself in the best mood. I considered to cancel Sam and to just stay in bed all day since I didn't have an appointment with my therapist today. But I felt kind of bad to cancel him. So, I got up and ready. And sure enough the doorbell rang, announcing his arrival.

"Hey," I said and smiled up at him after opening the front door. He was dressed in a light blue button down and brown pants topped with Nikes.

My smile widened when my eyes took in the grin plastered on his face

My smile widened when my eyes took in the grin plastered on his face. I had to admit with the way his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows showing off his muscular forearms and his always present smile that he looked really handsome, standing there on my front porch.

"Hey." He gave me a sheepish smile before moving the hand that was currently hidden behind his back between us. I kid you not my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets as my gaze zeroed in on the object he was holding in his hand. A single red rose.

He was standing on my front porch. Holding a rose. Holding a rose out to me? Holding a rose out for me to take?!

I cleared my throat and for some reason took a teeny tiny step back as I shifted nervously in front of him. "Is... um is that for me?" I asked, clipping a strand of hair behind my ear.